Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by dddrees, Jan 20, 2015.

1. Carson

Carson Senior member

Just had these "aftermarket mods" done on my Alden tanker boots. Randy the Cobbler in Arizona installed brass hooks and eyes and antiqued the edging for me. They are in the mail and can't wait to wear them:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Classified_

Classified_ Senior member

Hey guys, some highly impressive collections here!

I am looking to get 2 new pairs of boots, one of them will definitely be a Suede desert boot, I already have my eyes on these Crockett and Jones:

[​IMG]

The other one I want to get in leather, I think brown will be best, just works with more stuff, but I have no clue what style to get.

Closest I could find are these Fiorentini and Baker:

[​IMG]

I usually wear Jeans or Chinos, I'm not suit or tailored trousers guy, so I guess something that looks a bit more street would be good here.

Can you guys give a recommendation on which brands I should look for my second pair?

Thanks!

Last edited: May 19, 2015

3. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

There are so many brands and so many different styles to be honest. It really does depend on your budget and the style you looking for.

Have you looked through this thread? That would certainly be a good place to start.

4. Classified_

Browsed through a few pages but it's really long :)

Budget, I would say up to £350, can't really stretch more than that as I aim to get 2 pais and those C&J are already £370.

As for style: Not too dressy, something that maybe has a bit of a worn in look that can work with regular and dark denim. For Chinos the desert boots will work just fine in most cases.

5. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

C&j is a fabulous brand and they have a number of great boots. I would have no problem recommending any number of their boots. For that price I think Viberg may also be an option for you and they certainly have a different look or style. However Viberg is a Canada brand and I'm not sure where you might go to try those on, although there maybe a retailer in the UK but I have no idea. I highly recommend both of these but at this point if I were you I would look around and see if I could find a boot that makes me smile.

Both of these shoemakers are represented in this thread, and to be honest this is one of the smallest threads at this point.

6. Classified_

7. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

8. Jazzmenco

Jazzmenco Senior member

Check out the Ron Rider selections, great boots at a great price, limited sizes but maybe you'll get lucky!

http://riderboot.com/product-category/archive-sale-goods/

9. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

10. jinjin1928

jinjin1928 Active Member

11. mymil

mymil Senior member

Please don't get a boot with a "worn in look"---get a pair of boots and wear them yourself. The patina will be all yours.

There are, I think, a lot of options within your price range. Alfred Sargent. Tricker's and Grenson both make a lot of casual boots. Meermin also makes a boot within your price range: https://www.meermin.es/articulo.php?idArt=4341 Maybe you'd like something with pebble grain, since that will look more casual?

12. Classified_

You're right, I should get the wear-in look myself, good advice.

The Meermins are definitely an option, but I'm looking for something that is more Ankle high, not a fan of the pebble grain look though.

I'm interested in a pair that is not bulky, and has a more streamlined look, similar to the C&J desert boots, putting the brown colour aside here for a sec, here are a couple I have been looking at:

[​IMG]

http://www.carminashoemaker.com/mens-boots/ankle-boots-navy-suede-973

Not ankle high, but these are fantastic, however, I am already getting the C&Js in Seude and I think the other pair should be leather, or is that me? Carmina doesn't have this exact model in brown unfortunately.

[​IMG]

http://www.carminashoemaker.com/mens-boots/chukka-shell-cordovan-cognac-905

These would be my absolute favourite of all, but at 800 EUR more than double my budget for the second pair. I can of course spend the money, but I will scratch my head a lot over it...

Last edited: May 20, 2015

13. RogerP

RogerP Senior member

I was wondering how long it would take for Carmina to be suggested. I thought the internet was broken, or something. [​IMG]

They offer MANY styles of outstanding casual wear boots. Not all will fit your criteria, but good heavens, if you can't find a pair or two that would work I'd be shocked.

These are from my current rotation:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

14. Classified_

15. dalevy

dalevy Senior member

That's burgundy, not brown. Also Roger's might be shell? If you have any doubts about spending the money for shell, I wouldn't do it. I personally would not for various reasons (maintenance, look, rain spots, etc.).