• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They really do. :)

I wouldn't want that with something more refined but you do see that from time to time with more workwear-style stuff, and for whatever reason I don't mind it. More in harmony with the overall aesthetic, I guess.
aww man, that’s awful.

and here I was entertaining the idea of a pair. Otherwise, they are really handsome boots though!

bjhofkin

Reaction score
Why not ask Brian if he'd be willing to leave it off or put it on the inside?

It doesn't really bother me now that I have them, but truth be told I'd have probably asked him had I thought about it.

aww man, that’s awful.

and here I was entertaining the idea of a pair. Otherwise, they are really handsome boots though!

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why not ask Brian if he'd be willing to leave it off or put it on the inside?

It doesn't really bother me now that I have them, but truth be told I'd have probably asked him had I thought about it.
Good point...hmmm

Honestly, I don’t find myself feeling the work boot aesthetic of the Vibergs etc.. of the world. But to me, the finishing on these is just the touch that is missing on all the others. I really like them. To be honest I’ve never even heard of the maker. But, I’ll be learning more about them very soon. Thanks for posting them.

bjhofkin

Reaction score
Absolutely. I think the #menswear and #workwear communities are too often separate worlds (although folks like @dieworkwear do a really nice job bridging them).

As for Role Club, the details are at least on par with a Lofgren or other Japanese makers who really sweat the details, with the two big differentiators being hand welting and a semi-custom fit. Not bespoke, obviously, but as close as you'll get in the workwear world.

Good point...hmmm

Honestly, I don’t find myself feeling the work boot aesthetic of the Vibergs etc.. of the world. But to me, the finishing on these is just the touch that is missing on all the others. I really like them. To be honest I’ve never even heard of the maker. But, I’ll be learning more about them very soon. Thanks for posting them.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Absolutely. I think the #menswear and #workwear communities are too often separate worlds (although folks like @dieworkwear do a really nice job bridging them).
Most definitely agree.

Also for me, being one that actually worked in my fathers construction business all of my young life, then for 7 years in commercial construction. (I worked on all of the skyscrapers in Fort Worth to that point (87), and quite a few in Dallas.) I can tell you the kinds of boots folks now sell were never a remote consideration. It was more K-Mart boots until you could save up and get a pair of Red Wing steel toes. And honestly the K-Mart boots were quality back then; I have my big toe today thanks to their steel toe pair. And the best pair of Red Wings then were $120.

It’s great the market has inspired a new generation of craftsman making them though.
But, given my background in all likelihood I probably catch feelings when I see people in “work wear”...lol.

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite type of loafer?

• Tassel loafers

• Penny loafers

• Horsebit loafers

• Kiltie loafers

• I hate loafers

Results are only viewable after voting.