• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

TtownMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
3FE41B0B-ED4B-406C-A2EF-B7B175BF869E.jpeg
E2C8DB2D-94EF-4ABB-BF95-ED737A52CDC1.jpeg
BE15E7D0-F6EB-4D7A-8164-51A62F10BAD7.jpeg

Thorp X Rota !!

BagleyBrown

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks MM.
Surprisingly simple really.

https://remodelaholic.leadpages.net...mail-sorter-shoe-cubby-from-remodelaholic.pdf

I altered my version to accommodate my preference for using boxes to store my boots/shoes. Each cubbie is
5 1/2” high by 9 1/2” wide on some, and 5 1/2” high by 13” wide on some to accommodate shoe boxes like the ones from Zonkey Boot, Allen Edmonds, or Carmina which are quite wide.

I used 8’ sheets of 1/4 plywood, and cut them in 1’ strips. Then I used 3/4 plywood and cut them in 12” x 5 1/2” blocks. I then took two of the 12” strips and attached those little blocks in between them to create the cubbies.

When the spaces were 13” cubbies I could get 7 cubbies per 8’ strip. When the spaces were 9 1/2” cubbies I could get 9 cubbies per 8’ strip.

The final product was an 8 foot long little cabinet that was about 6 inches high. I stacked them 10 high on one wall, and on another wall I did the same thing, except I only had 7 feet in length to work with on that wall.

One unexpected result was this enabled my wife to actually visualize how really bad my problem is.
Now I can only purchase shoes if she approves it.:facepalm:

I have done some similar work, very happy that Home Depot did all my cuts for me, so I walked out with ready to stack shelves.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have done some similar work, very happy that Home Depot did all my cuts for me, so I walked out with ready to stack shelves.

Yeah, I had the same fortune at Lowe’s. I prefer Lowe’s because they offer a 10% discount to veterans on everything. With Home Depot it seems to be hit or miss what they offer a discount on. That 10% adds up, I’m always building something.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads