• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luigi_M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ @Misterg12 all three really nice, but the "Gianni" bought me! More details for a poor noob please?
Also, each boot seems to have different width. Is it for real or does it only look different?

Misterg12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ @Misterg12 all three really nice, but the "Gianni" bought me! More details for a poor noob please?
Also, each boot seems to have different width. Is it for real or does it only look different?
The Gianni was originally made for Ralph Lauren back 4 years ago or so and is now called the Galway2. There was a recent GMTO for this boot. Same widths but 2 different lasts . The Harlechs are 341 and the others are 325. The Gianni is one of my favorite boots. I did have the brass eyelets added to them.

Misterg12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The last Lindrick to ever be made...supposedly.
6F4A8747-0496-45CB-A3E1-B238FAB9B324.jpeg

BackInTheJox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Gianni was originally made for Ralph Lauren back 4 years ago or so and is now called the Galway2. There was a recent GMTO for this boot. Same widths but 2 different lasts . The Harlechs are 341 and the others are 325. The Gianni is one of my favorite boots. I did have the brass eyelets added to them.

It’s suspected that the RL by CJ shoes and boots were made on a UK D width.

Reiver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sure , I use Kiwi dark tan and a polishing cloth . Using my right forefinger and the cloth I put a light covering of polish on the areas I want to “bull” . Rub the polish in using small circular movements then add some spittle , alternate spit and polish . As the leather starts to shine up I generally use a larger circular movement. It may take a couple of 15 min sessions to get the boots “bulled” but once done they take little time to maintain . The rest of the boot is , a light covering of dark tan polish, leave for a few mins and rub with a cloth . After wearing the boots , I take a very small amount of good quality brown wax polish , I use one I got free from Pediwear with these , put a light covering on my forefinger & cloth and rub into any creases . I will then massage in with my finger and leave it , no polishing off . It helps keep the leather supple . Hope this helps .

Perfect, thanks. I always assumed cream polish would be better for any kind of grain as I thought wax would build up too much in between the grain, but Crockett and Jones also recommended wax polish for my Coniston.

Need some zug now though!

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

MrUsedThreads

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I already posted these on the EG thread but...I love these ******* boots.

EG Nevis Brandy Pin Grain Calfskin Leather Boots on the 606 Last.

Shoutout to @Burzan for letting me steal your style without your consent. I'm paying homage to you, my friend.

IMG_3174.JPG

IMG_8959.JPG

Misterg12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
https://riderboot.com/collections/m...557749997&mc_cid=40a3223a28&mc_eid=bba87659c9

For those of you lusting after those rider boots I posted this past weekend. You should head over to this link and check it out. You’ll save $350 bucks off the price with the code:Friends&Fam-GMTO
More details in the Ron Rider thread.

The shell color choices are insane, not the mention the different shoe styles available; and yes, Horween shell. These guys are gonna break me.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads