• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luigi_M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I see what you mean @Misterg12 ...
I have only one pair of boots with leather straps (Grenson, posted some months ago, really happy about them) and solved the problem by cutting away said straps :bounce2:.
As a matter of fact, I don't need any strap to put on my boots!

mrjamescost

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've a question for you gentlemen.
It seems to me that slim trousers are better suited with boots (es.: look at the pics of @mrjamescost or @Misterg12 ).
How do you manage to have your trousers correctly slide down at their place without getting stuck on the boot shaft, esp. when standing from the seated position?
Do you get tailored trousers or are there RTW trousers that you would suggest?

Thanks, Luigi.
With all my trousers, I buy off the rack, make sure they are not too baggy or too tight, and pay the extra to have them corrected to the right length. Works for me.

Luigi_M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your suggestions Gentlemen:

not too baggy or too tight
of the correct lenght (better a cm. more than a cm. less), and tailored as needed.
This way one may also treat himself to a 7" hem (i.e., narrow indeed) as @Misterg12 does.
Best, Luigi

Last edited:

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
9E4FCD42-69C5-40E5-88A8-FD91F52E9AA8.jpeg

Kentmere for the rainy nasty day.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Kinda jealous of your rainy weather...we're having a dry spell in the bay area...would love a little rain.

Yeah, you guys actually need it out there.

Looking good. How are you finding the strap on these? The look puts me off, but if it’s hidden under trousers it’s fine. Are these seconds from the factory or you went nuts again? :)

Not seconds, but in keeping with my full price refusal did get them cheap. I love the strap myself, it is what drew me to them.

mrjamescost

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, you guys actually need it out there.

Not seconds, but in keeping with my full price refusal did get them cheap. I love the strap myself, it is what drew me to them.
Got them cheap? You’re not going to tell me where? Your little secret? To be fair, I occasionally see a pair of brand new - not seconds - EG on eBay for around £800-900, with a ‘Make an Offer’ option. I’m sure when the time comes I could get these people down to £750, which is somewhat reasonable I think. :)

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got them cheap? You’re not going to tell me where? Your little secret? To be fair, I occasionally see a pair of brand new - not seconds - EG on eBay for around £800-900, with a ‘Make an Offer’ option. I’m sure when the time comes I could get these people down to £750, which is somewhat reasonable I think. :)

Bingo.

Yeah, someone on eBay was selling them after trying them on and was like you, didn’t like them. So, he hooked me up with a really cheap price.

grizzlygiant

Reaction score

BagleyBrown

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Holy ****. I had no idea AE did stuff like this. I am not an AE fan but these are amazing.

Thank you, my size is hard to find, so my AE fandom follows Stephen Stills logic. If I can't be with the one I love, I love the one I'm with.

I've felt really good about several builds from them, but this thread is incredible and very humbling. :)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads