• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Schweino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
20171210_155813.jpg

Cheaney Liffey at work

mrjamescost

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Howdy neighbour?!
Looking good in your Snowdons, but you need to "man up" the weathers only going to get worse!!, which gives you even more reasons to get the boots on!!

Carl (Chester - UK)
Hello there, Carl. I’m from a little further north than you, living closer to Liverpool. Yep, plenty of opportunities (or excuses?) to get the boots on. All I need now is a quality pair of gloves and scarf. I plan to ask around (maybe Cleav?) to see where I can find these at a reduced price. Perhaps there are quality British made gloves and scarves and an outlet or factory store where we can find seconds? We shall see. Regards, James. :)

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For some reason I thought they were Edward Green Galway. Showing my unrefined eye perhaps. How do they compare, any idea? :)

I noticed it was a real stitched cap instead of a faux one. Also, there is a lack of welt wheeling. This, of course, further drives home that I spend waaaaay too much time looking at pictures of shoes...

Also shows to go you how great Carlos Santos is at making shoes that they are mistaken for much more expensive brands.

Edit: as to how they compare, Ive never worn either :uhoh:

I do have a pair of the Vass boot in this style :cheers:

marker2037

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm waiting to see Bagley's Loden HM's. Maybe set up a GTMO for spring 2018.

Start saving your pennies weasels.

Maybe even double down and do an Acorn run too.

I still want my bitter chocolate suede Bradley’s especially since I’m returning the Brooks MacNeils.

But that does sound tasty.

Thank you!

For some reason I thought they were Edward Green Galway. Showing my unrefined eye perhaps. How do they compare, any idea? :)
Ha, I can certainly understand how they could be confused, but I believe the easiest way to identify them is the real cap toe, the non-rope laces, and the lined upper shaft.

As to how they compare, I couldn't tell you as I don't own any Galways, but I'll let the thread know how these boots wear and break in.

I noticed it was a real stitched cap instead of a faux one. Also, there is a lack of welt wheeling. This, of course, further drives home that I spend waaaaay too much time looking at pictures of shoes...

Also shows to go you how great Carlos Santos is at making shoes that they are mistaken for much more expensive brands.

Edit: as to how they compare, Ive never worn either :uhoh:

I do have a pair of the Vass boot in this style :cheers:
Yup, exactly. I have to agree that they can easily be mistaken for the top of the line brands. To 99% of the population though, these are already top of the line considering they won't spend more than $90 on a pair of cheap shoes :)

RogerP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I've been tremendously impressed with the Carlos Santos products that I own - very compelling value for money. But there isn't a single pair that I would equate with Edward Green.

That said, the boots posted are very appealing and a pair that I would be happy to own. There will definitely be more CS shoes and boots in my future.

Zzen

Reaction score
@Zzen , besides the beauty of your chukka boots, the fact that you are having tea with clients and have a specific attire for that, has earned you many dandy points in my book!
Best wishes, Luigi

America is a coffee drinking nation, so I am a fish out of water as a tea guy. Fortunately, these were international clients so they could appreciate the prospects of tea :fistbump:.

I'm going to do a MTO run of this EB Chelsea on the 74945. The Skoak makeup below is on the 946. I'll post details in the EB MTO/GMTO thread, but I figured I'd see if any boots guys are interested in making it a group order.

Luigi_M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Chist' è o 'ppaese dd'o sole ******!
Luckily my Grenson boots came to rescue: comfortable, warm, dry and smart enough not to disfigure under a pinstripe suit ...
IMG_20171211_084644.jpg

A nice monday to all, Luigi.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics