• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Spartcom5

Reaction score
Guys I'm thinking about getting my first high end boot! I need suggestions!!! I'm leaning toward a Crockett and Jones Camberley, however there are just way too many brands to consider such as Edward Green, Alden, Allen Edmonds... Help?

FlorenceE

Reaction score
Wha'ts your budget? There is a lot of difference between a C&C Camberly and EG Galway :)

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Guys I'm thinking about getting my first high end boot! I need suggestions!!! I'm leaning toward a Crockett and Jones Camberley, however there are just way too many brands to consider such as Edward Green, Alden, Allen Edmonds... Help?
The numerous choices are what makes this so great. But as the others stated you'll need to decide what your budget is and it helps if you define what specifics your looking for. It also would help if you knew what differences you could expect to get from the various brands. Either brand will provide you with a boot you could expect to use for a number of years, but there certainly are some differences one can expect to get from something from EG or Crockett & Jones and a boot from AE. But your going to have to be willing to pay the difference. But then again is that difference worth it to you.

Last edited:

RogerP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure I get the appeal of a double monk Chukka boot type thing for a first quality boot purchase - that is, if I understand correctly what the Camberley is. The list of designs I would choose above that is quite long. Is it the bond thing that appeals?

In any event, do set some form of budget and articulate how you see the boots being worn - what context etc. And are you looking for all weather performance or is style the priority?

rnguy001

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Alden x @Epaulet

X-posted in the denim section too..

bool2gom

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I'm currently looking for Cordovan Alden's in Barrie last.

Other that that I wear the following :
-Crockett & Jones Northcote : 7UK
-Tricker's Stow Boot : 7.5 UK
-EU size : 42 (TTS)

Which size should I go for Alden ?

Thanks,

Mutombo

Reaction score

Hello everyone,

I'm currently looking for Cordovan Alden's in Barrie last.

Other that that I wear the following :
-Crockett & Jones Northcote : 7UK
-Tricker's Stow Boot : 7.5 UK
-EU size : 42 (TTS)

Which size should I go for Alden ?

Thanks,

Tricker's is normally TTS. Assuming EU 42 translates to UK 7.5, I'd guess you are an 8D US in Alden barrie.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads