• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Epaulet x Styleforum Alpine Loden Collection

Loden wool, woven in Tirol for centuries, is known for its resistance to cold and wetness. Our project in collaboration with Epaulet introduces Alpine Loden, a modern 18oz fabric blend of 75% merino wool and 25% nylon, woven in Italy. It's lighter, more durable, wind-resistant, and more comfortable than traditional Loden fabric. Partnering with Rochester Tailored Clothing, we offer custom garments like sportcoats, suits, and overcoats, made to your specifications. Learn more about the Loden collection here.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
C&J Galway
IMG_1755.jpeg

shahtirthak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Grant Stone Ottawas in Dune (Horween Natural CXL).
20230503_101047.jpg
20230503_100927.jpg

Adhazem

Reaction score
My first foray into Nicks. Urban Loggers on 55 last in Horween olive CXL. I can’t remember the last time I was this excited for a pair especially with the 6 month lead time. They felt like the tanks they are straight out the box.

IMG_2738.jpeg

IMG_2739.jpeg

Last shape comparison with Oakstreet handwelted boot. Both 10.5 D the Nicks looks sleeker but fits like a different size altogether. At first I wonder if I should have gone with an E or EE.

IMG_2751.jpeg

IMG_2752.jpeg

Layers upon layers of leather and you feel every single one with the first cinch. The arch support feels like a lump under your feet if you’re not used to it.

I read somewhere the recommendation to wear 20 minutes the first day, then 40 minutes the next and so on and so forth. But because I’m an idiot I think I did 8 hours the first day around the house and in my home office. Pressure points were my inside ankle bones, my insteps and some side pressure on my 5th metatarsal bones. I was ready to take them off. Next day went significantly better. 8 hours. Some sore feet by the end of the day but zero blisters.

I took a day off then today slapped them on for an honest to goodness 7 hours of yard work and around 16,000 steps according to my phone. The shaft is breaking in nicely and I had no more pain on my ankles. Adjusting to the arch support and can feel my posture being straighter although it might very well be placebo effect. Some persistent discomfort on my left instep. Right one is gone.

Much to the dismay of my beloved beautiful wife I dirtied them up nicely.

Her angrily: Why would you do that to a $600 pair of boots?
Me: because I’m an agent of chaos dear. And because they’re made for way worse.

IMG_2768.jpeg

IMG_2769.jpeg

Did scuff up the toes slightly but again, they’re boots. Right sided lace broke and now they are perfect length for the 6” boot. Gotta snip the left one.

Didn’t do a crazy cleanup because I didn’t have much time with kids and stuff so managed to do a 15 minute routine. The V100 soles love sticky wet grass. Vigorous brushing, a slightly damp cloth to wipe off the boots then some good old fashion Venetian.

IMG_2773.jpeg

IMG_2774.jpeg

IMG_2775.jpeg

I don’t know I would totally rock them on a night out. Not to the opera but the local bar or movie theater? I think so.

Overall very happy with my purchase. Going to give them another few full days before I decide on whether my next order will be this D or an E.

Featured Sponsor

Invisible Socks: Convenience or Curse?

• Convenience

• Curse

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
benjaminlarry