• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Marmite89

Reaction score

Adhazem

Reaction score
For new boots, you could look at Benzein now Briselback Bootmakers or even Carmina. For a little more you could get an Enzo Bonafé side zip

Agree Briselblack does super clean work. I was quoted $600 for shinki horsebutt but he only had natural then sold out. So now waiting. His shinki shell is $1k. I would dm him on instagram to get a quote. Handwelted, handlasted and handsewn. Clean.

heathenist

Reaction score
Agree Briselblack does super clean work. I was quoted $600 for shinki horsebutt but he only had natural then sold out. So now waiting. His shinki shell is $1k. I would dm him on instagram to get a quote. Handwelted, handlasted and handsewn. Clean.
I couldn’t find an IG? But to be clear, it sounds like it’s a person who does MTO boots? $600 is definitely reasonable for custom hand built boots. I saw he has a side zip in the store, but just in an odd leather that I’m not particularly into.
Edit: Nevermind, I was spelling it incorrectly. Found the IG

thanks!

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I couldn’t find an IG? But to be clear, it sounds like it’s a person who does MTO boots? $600 is definitely reasonable for custom hand built boots. I saw he has a side zip in the store, but just in an odd leather that I’m not particularly into.

heathenist

Reaction score
Almost exactly what I’ve been looking for. A little pricey, but not for the quality. Anyone have personal experience ordering? How customizable can you get with it?

saurabh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
SoH Dark Brown Utah Chukka!

A0FE0DFB-96BF-49E8-8143-2934D4BAC623.jpeg
B3606575-2A8C-47FA-BCF2-780DAF4569D2.jpeg

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Chippewa Ellison in sand that Pablo Hadarits rebuilt with EVA wedge and Sierra outsole. Extremely comfortable and they grip well in the snow. Mad Dog Laces sent me matching laces.

20230129_143108.jpg
20230129_143111.jpg
20230129_143119.jpg
20230129_143124.jpg

Adhazem

Reaction score
Almost exactly what I’ve been looking for. A little pricey, but not for the quality. Anyone have personal experience ordering? How customizable can you get with it?

Don’t have any pairs from this particular maker but have a few from other Indonesian makers with lots on the way. Sizing varies. If you can take tracings and measurements of your feet (have someone help it’ll be much easier) and send it to the shoemaker. The Indonesian guys are not exactly MTM other than a couple but they will make adjustments to their lasts to accommodate you. Otherwise just about everything is customizable and made to order. Sole type. Construction. Edge finishing. They main limiter is the type of leather you’re looking for might not be in stock.

Otherwise I bet your mileage will carry based on your expectations, the particular bootmaker and their prior experience. I was not super impressed with the hardware used by Midas. Not the construction, just the hardware. Midas is one of the most famous Indonesian makers and is the heritage boot section of Winson, a highly acclaimed dress shoe maker. The eyelets were just poor, jagged as all heck, and tore up the arguably nice quality laces in just a few wears. It was a relatively inexpensive repair at my cobbler and I wonder if it’s because that’s all they can get for hardware since they’re not sparing any expense on getting high quality leathers. Just a little thing.

One of my Midas:

B230C27F-781B-4EC6-AD69-91E5368E2866.jpeg

Incoming Fortis:

628EBAF3-FC86-4AD1-8BC6-9A16D01211D9.jpeg

Morson almost ready as well:

A1988BDE-67E3-4381-82A6-479BC1BF7633.jpeg

Oh and here’s one of my tracings for clarification:

7C432365-856F-4115-BF53-BB1F3FD983DD.jpeg

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've got a couple pairs. For your first pair, I'd check their IG and maybe find one you like and just copy it. There are enough options that it can get cumbersome the first time. I don't believe they make last adjustments (i don't typically need that so never asked), they'll mostly just take your measurements and fit you into a pair.

heathenist

Reaction score
Don’t have any pairs from this particular maker but have a few from other Indonesian makers with lots on the way. Sizing varies. If you can take tracings and measurements of your feet (have someone help it’ll be much easier) and send it to the shoemaker. The Indonesian guys are not exactly MTM other than a couple but they will make adjustments to their lasts to accommodate you. Otherwise just about everything is customizable and made to order. Sole type. Construction. Edge finishing. They main limiter is the type of leather you’re looking for might not be in stock.

Otherwise I bet your mileage will carry based on your expectations, the particular bootmaker and their prior experience. I was not super impressed with the hardware used by Midas. Not the construction, just the hardware. Midas is one of the most famous Indonesian makers and is the heritage boot section of Winson, a highly acclaimed dress shoe maker. The eyelets were just poor, jagged as all heck, and tore up the arguably nice quality laces in just a few wears. It was a relatively inexpensive repair at my cobbler and I wonder if it’s because that’s all they can get for hardware since they’re not sparing any expense on getting high quality leathers. Just a little thing.

One of my Midas:

View attachment 1884817

Incoming Fortis:

View attachment 1884818

Morson almost ready as well:

View attachment 1884819

Oh and here’s one of my tracings for clarification:

View attachment 1884820

Those are all rad. I really need a good pair of rough out boots. And thanks!
I've got a couple pairs. For your first pair, I'd check their IG and maybe find one you like and just copy it. There are enough options that it can get cumbersome the first time. I don't believe they make last adjustments (i don't typically need that so never asked), they'll mostly just take your measurements and fit you into a pair.
Yeah, I don’t think I’d really want anything too different than what I’ve seen on their IG, so no problem there.

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those are all rad. I really need a good pair of rough out boots. And thanks!

Yeah, I don’t think I’d really want anything too different than what I’ve seen on their IG, so no problem there.
Sounds good, let us know what you end up going with!

Gustaf

Reaction score
So how many of you bought boots during the SF outage?

I almost made my first ever purchase from Viberg.com but noticed last minute the prices are DDU, not DDP as I had thought (due to all prices being listed in my local currency). Add $100 for EU shipping and it's not exactly a value proposition. Btw, someone mentioned a sale. Is it unofficial? How does one get access to it?

bemk

Reaction score
So how many of you bought boots during the SF outage?

I almost made my first ever purchase from Viberg.com but noticed last minute the prices are DDU, not DDP as I had thought (due to all prices being listed in my local currency). Add $100 for EU shipping and it's not exactly a value proposition. Btw, someone mentioned a sale. Is it unofficial? How does one get access to it?

Yep, shipping (to Germany) was already 74 USD (68 € way back) end of '21.

Meanwhile I bought my first ever shell:

230131_16823_Alden_SC_C8_CapToeBoot.jpg

(I have posted some more pics in the Alden thread: #303 )

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads