• We are thrilled to welcome Capra Leather to the Styleforum family of official Affiliate Vendors.They are a hand crafted, made to order leather goods family company. Their products have unique designs with a aesthetic that blend minimalism, tradition and functionality. Focused on sustainability they offer a lifetime warranty on every piece.

Give Capra a warm welcome on their Official Affiliate Thread

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

hollandn

Reaction score
Those are TCX Hero WP (TCX is a Dainese brand that seems to size more towards the American market, so wider). Other than styling what I like about these are they are welted (no idea if GYW, Blake or something else) so I can replace the sole like my regular GYW shoes.

I have a pair of BMW Pureshifter boots coming that I may occasionally wear when not riding they look so good.
View attachment 1837428
Nice. I have my eye on a pair of motorcycle specific Trickers boots made in conjunction with a UK motorcycle clothing retailer called Motolegends. They are waiting on a new batch later in the year. See link.

Genericuser1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice. I have my eye on a pair of motorcycle specific Trickers boots made in conjunction with a UK motorcycle clothing retailer called Motolegends. They are waiting on a new batch later in the year. See link.

Those look amazing! My concern would be while reinforced in some spots they are not CE rated. Good motorcycle boots have heel and toe reinforcement (those Trickers have some too) but also a crush resistant sole, shank reinforcement for standing on the pegs and heel cups over the medial and anterior Malleolous ankle bones.

While the leather is treated I wouldn't wear those in rain as there isn't a waterproof membrane. They are damn fine looking though. I just ordered these from the Trickers outlet. Probably will not wear them on the bike though.

ecworks

Reaction score
Picked up these Redwing steel toe boots on eBay about 10 years ago, NOS, they seem to date back to the early '90s. They came in their original box with some pretty cool tags and brochures included in the box about the type of leather, the strength of the steel toe, etc. They were made with what they called "Grizzly", an oiled leather that has a lot of the same characteristics as CXL. I wore them for work for 5 years or so but they've been retired for the past 5 years. Pulled them out and brushed them with a stiff horsehair brush and they came back to life. Ordered some official Redwing boot oil to give them some love. They will be back in my boot rotation this fall/winter, enjoy:

Attachments

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Jupiter_rain

Reaction score
Hi, everyone. Great content! I am curious about Paraboots. Can you wear them in cold climate? I mean winter and snow, but not knee-high level of snowfall on the ground.

Mercurio

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi, everyone. Great content! I am curious about Paraboots. Can you wear them in cold climate? I mean winter and snow, but not knee-high level of snowfall on the ground.
The original Tyrolean shoes, such as the Paraboots, Heschung, and other brands, are made and intended for the snowy European Tyrolean mountains: their sole, construction type, and Norwegian stitching make them suitable for such environments.

Featured Sponsor

What do you normally wear on Mondays at work?

• Suit, shirt, and tie

• Suit and shirt, no tie

• Dress shirt and trousers, jacket or sport coat, tie

• Dress shirt and trousers, jacket or sport coat, no tie

• Dress shirt and trousers, no tie or jacket

• Casual trousers and shirt (polo, t-shirt, etc.)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HildaSnapp