• We would like to welcome Larimars Luxury Menswear as an official Affiliate Vendor. Larimars, based in Ontario, Canada, and specializing in handmade and semi-handmade shirts made in their family owned factory, with over 1000 fabrics from which to choose!

Please check out their thread on here, welcome them, and take advantage of their introductory offer for Styleforum. The discount code is in thread!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

hysteria

Reaction score
Looking for some suggestions for black chelsea boots. Not looking to spend too much beyond the Carmina/TLB price category.

Considering Carmina Simpson, but from what I can tell, it may be too narrow for me. Love the way it looks though.
I don't have much experience with Carmina lasts, but open to trying something that has an average instep and width. Not a fan of the way CJ chelsea's look.

Here are a few other makers I've tried for dress shoes so you can gauge fit.

TLB - Picasso is just a tad narrow and offers some pressure around pinky. Instep is ok - not perfect, but not too high. A little lower would've been even nicer.
AM - Chisel 4 works extremely well in RTW UK 7.

Any suggestions?

shahtirthak

Reaction score
Ve

Very nice! The Indy is my next boot. From where did you get the second pair?
Thanks!
The second pic is of 'The Vintage Indy' from Leather Soul, Hawaii. The leather is Smooth Tobacco Chamois which was called Oiled Nubuck by Leather Soul & are on commando soles.
Preordered in Aug 2021, delivered in May 2022.
Currently Ealdwine had a similar boot on preorder but the difference is that their version has brass hardware & berry gold moc stitch, whereas mine has matching hardware and white moc toe stitch.
Here with laces changed to Tricker's Ecru from the original brown flat waxed.
20220816_181811.jpg
20220816_083455.jpg

Featured Sponsor

What time of the year do you spend the most money on clothes?

• Spring

• Summer

• Fall

• Winter

• No difference

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milesmilesmiles