• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dan, I don't yet own any Trumans so don't know a heck of a lot about them. Also don't own any Whites. I've read through the Truman thread and was quite impressed. Vince, the owner, seems like a good guy who really is passionate about his boots and loves what he does. I like the story behind that. The quality all around seems on par with Viberg from what I've read.

What's amazing is how much they look like Vibergs. Construction seems quite similar as well. One drawback, well two, is the lack of variety in the leathers (as it's a small operation), and the wait times. It's basically like waiting for an MTO. The other thing is he only has one last and one width right now.

I like variety and new experiences so will give them a try when an interesting leather comes along.
Thanks for the info, so from wat you've read does it appear as though even though the selection is limited does it appears as though the leather is on par quality wise with what you would get from Viberg.

warriortree

Reaction score
what's my best bet for a black calf balmoral boot with leather sole, with a shaft that's not too high (Carmina's are too high for my liking).  Price range is up to $550.

Bal boots will typically be pretty high. How about the carmina 973 in black calf via Skoak. Much shorter shaft.

In spain we have a brand that is awesome his balmoral boot, the name is tallsem... Is great and very affordable

Enviado desde mi zapato con Tapatalk

BootSpell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info, so from wat you've read does it appear as though even though the selection is limited does it appears as though the leather is on par quality wise with what you would get from Viberg.

It appears to be so from what I've read. In addition to Horween, Truman has recently started getting leather from CF Stead, giving them even more breadth and variety in what will be offered. Because it's such a small operation, it appears that you have to jump pretty quickly when you see a popular or unique leather being offered, as the allotment seems to sell out pretty quickly.

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It appears to be so from what I've read. In addition to Horween, Truman has recently started getting leather from CF Stead, giving them even more breadth and variety in what will be offered. Because it's such a small operation, it appears that you have to jump pretty quickly when you see a popular or unique leather being offered, as the allotment seems to sell out pretty quickly.
They're current lineup looks fairly interesting, and I'll certainly have to keep an eye on them.

I just ordered another boot this week however, so I'm not quite ready to get yet another right now.

johnnykicks

Reaction score
Any suggestions on shoe trees you guys use that are great for 6 inch boots? I just bought some RW Iron Rangers and want to help them maintain their shape when im not wearing them, plus the moisture absorption of the cedar is a plus as well.

europrep

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
First wear. Have been in the closet for a long while.

europrep

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

europrep

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Love the trousers (and boots combination). Any more details on the trousers or the fabric?

Many thanks. Trousers are PT01 but there was no fabric info listed inside the pant. Just that they are 120s.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads