• We would like to welcome Pete and Harry as an official Affiliate Vendor. Pete and Harry, co-founded by Erik (EFV) one of our long time members and friends, offers a wide variety of products, clothes, watches and accessories, antique, vintage, “pre-loved” and new - all at unparalleled prices. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

grenache

Reaction score
I’m considering ordering a pair of dark brown boots for this fall/winter and I’d be interested in getting some opinions on which route to go. I’m debating between the C&J Coniston or the Carmina 80184 in dark brown grain. I’ve gone back and forth on which I prefer as I have the same Carminas in tan grain and they fit great so I know my size and I also prefer the ridgeway/Victoria style sole. I also think the Oscar last is a bit more to my taste than the CJ 325. However, I have a couple pairs of CJ (calf Hallam and suede Hardwick) and the leather and overall quality seems to be just a bit better than Carmina and it’d be nice to have some variety as I have several pairs of Carmina boots. What does the forum recommend?

Braid

Reaction score
I’m considering ordering a pair of dark brown boots for this fall/winter and I’d be interested in getting some opinions on which route to go. I’m debating between the C&J Coniston or the Carmina 80184 in dark brown grain. I’ve gone back and forth on which I prefer as I have the same Carminas in tan grain and they fit great so I know my size and I also prefer the ridgeway/Victoria style sole. I also think the Oscar last is a bit more to my taste than the CJ 325. However, I have a couple pairs of CJ (calf Hallam and suede Hardwick) and the leather and overall quality seems to be just a bit better than Carmina and it’d be nice to have some variety as I have several pairs of Carmina boots. What does the forum recommend?
I much prefer the British aesthetic and you can't really go wrong with the Coniston!

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I feel like the Coniston is a bit more casual than the Carmina so a lot depends on what clothing you intend to wear with them. Seems like Carmina already checks a lot of boxes for you and may be the safer play. Especially since you know your size and prefer the last

grenache

Reaction score
I feel like the Coniston is a bit more casual than the Carmina so a lot depends on what clothing you intend to wear with them. Seems like Carmina already checks a lot of boxes for you and may be the safer play. Especially since you know your size and prefer the last
Appreciate the thoughts, with one for the Carmina and one for the C&J, still a bit undecided. I figure either way I go, I’ll be happy. Does anyone have both the Oscar last and the 325 to share fit differences? From my research, most would take the same size.

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Appreciate the thoughts, with one for the Carmina and one for the C&J, still a bit undecided. I figure either way I go, I’ll be happy. Does anyone have both the Oscar last and the 325 to share fit differences? From my research, most would take the same size.
Most people take the same size, but the 325 is going to have more volume both instep and toe box

Zapasman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Most people take the same size, but the 325 is going to have more volume both instep and toe box
I wear 9uk in both, however I find Oscar runs a bit larger and is more forgiving in the toe box area.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Sneakers with tailoring: yes, no, maybe?

• No, never.

• Yes, it can be done tastefully.

• Not sure.

Results are only viewable after voting.