• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Alden color 8
IMG_5613.JPG

RustyRyan

Reaction score
PSA, a few C&J boots are 30% off in the Todd Snyder BF sale. I managed to grab a pair of Tan Scotch Grain Coniston’s for $507, which is cheaper than I have seen lately, even when ordering from the UK with no VAT.

vim147

Reaction score
Does anyone wear Dr Martens boots ?

Am thinking of adding them to my collection but i dont know what i would wear them with. I dont dress like a punk rocker. I have a slim frame so i thinking they might look to bulky on me. ?

cr2596

Reaction score

Am thinking of adding them to my collection but i dont know what i would wear them with. I dont dress like a punk rocker. I have a slim frame so i thinking they might look to bulky on me. ?
Unless you need the slip resistant soles, I’d find another option. The quality all around is poor, and they’re chunky and heavy as hell. I wore three pairs over three years, because they made sense for working in a restaurant and behind a bar. Still looked good, while protecting me from falling. All three pairs required a two week to a month break in (5 days a week) before they were comfortable. Never once did I wear them outside of the job.

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score

I got a cxl pair on sale a little while ago and bought more for the leather...

they’re an acquired taste but are pretty comfortable however don’t get much of a run out at my house..

H. E. Pennypacker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with Vibram’s 430 sole?

I’m doing an MTO and I’m wondering if it’s worth the $30 up charge opposed to Dainite that has no up charge. I only have experience w Dainite, itshide commando and Alden’s commando. I don’t live in a snowy area either.

Mercurio

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with Vibram’s 430 sole?

I’m doing an MTO and I’m wondering if it’s worth the $30 up charge opposed to Dainite that has no up charge. I only have experience w Dainite, itshide commando and Alden’s commando. I don’t live in a snowy area either.
I would stick with the Dainite sole if you don't really need foul-weather performance.

ScreenShot2020-08-17at7.36.45PM_944x.png

"The Vibram Mini-lug 430 uses a different compound than many other rubber soles making it oil-resistant, durable, and grippy"

H. E. Pennypacker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would stick with the Dainite sole if you don't really need foul-weather performance.

ScreenShot2020-08-17at7.36.45PM_944x.png

"The Vibram Mini-lug 430 uses a different compound than many other rubber soles making it oil-resistant, durable, and grippy"
Thank you for the link. Seems like I wouldn’t benefit from the sole. California weather is pretty much sunny year round. Thank you.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads