1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 10: A full set of Aesop's Fables pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 10th auction of the year is for a full set of Aesop's Fable's pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by dddrees, Jan 20, 2015.

1. dddrees

dddrees Distinguished Member

Very nice indeed, Congrats!!!

2. bespoken pa

bespoken pa Distinguished Member

Wow great boots DFW is truly a master of his craft.

3. SoGent

SoGent Distinguished Member

Arran ? . . . . what Arran

Last edited: Sep 10, 2015

4. emptym

emptym Moderator Moderator

Thanks guys.

Zapasman, no fittings exactly for these boots, but I was measured in person a few years ago, 2009, I think. Then DW made several fit models and eventually the final boots in shell cordovan (lots of pics early in the thread I linked to above). Then I visited him a few years later to have the fit of those evaluated after a good amount of wear. These benefited from all of those and are as close to perfection as I can imagine in fit and styling.

SoGent, the Arran is a nice boot, so that's a high compliment. The main adv. of these imo is the height. George boots have an inch or two more height than chukkas. (Thanks to Bengalstripe for teaching me the name years ago.) Sanders, Trickers, and Shipton Heneage make a nice George boots, but their lacing is up at the top. I like how DW put them here. More comfortable when flexing your ankle.

5. Andurew Choi

Andurew Choi Senior Member

Is there a universal boot color for both Indigo denim and Black denim? Or am I just going to have to get two pairs.

6. Foxhound

Foxhound Distinguished Member

I wear my black boots with both indigo and black denim.

I will also be wearing my Col8 jumpers with black and blue denim when they arrive.

7. Andurew Choi

Andurew Choi Senior Member

I always thought black boots with my indigo jeans would look kind of weird. Although a pair of black First Avenues would look very nice with my black jeans.

8. BootSpell

BootSpell Distinguished Member

Brown or tan boots go great with black denim.

9. JSO1

JSO1 Distinguished Member

I wear my black shell boots with medium to dark indigo denim. I don't own any light indigo jeans, but I don't think black would go terribly well with light indigo.

10. OzzyJones

OzzyJones Distinguished Member

Hmm, I always avoided this. Black shell would be my option for both. Of course, the correct answer is get two pairs

11. Veremund

Veremund Distinguished Member

Black denim? Oh my.

12. BootSpell

Oh wow, then maybe I need to ask a question. What do Europeans think of black denim? I might have to reconsider taking my black denim with me when I go to Italy next week...

13. Veremund

What's the context? Nighttime at a bar? Sure, anything black is fine then. Daytime in bright sunshine in a city? Then no, not so much. But you're from Texas, so you can dress like a Texan (boots, belt buckle, black jeans). You'd stick out, but at least you'd be authentic. Personally, I always dress to blend in with the locals. I don't go the whole hog and don traditional garb while I'm in Africa, but I wear citywear in the city, and countrywear in the country.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2015

14. BootSpell

For the record, yes, I live in El Paso, but El Paso is the most "un-Texas" city in Texas. More New Mexico.

Also, I don't own one pair of cowboy boots nor do I own a a cowboy hat! [​IMG] And I agree --- the best approach is to always blend in with the locals.

15. Veremund

It's cute how you think anyone east of the Mississippi, never mind east of the Atlantic, thinks there is any difference whatsoever between Texas and New Mexico. Hell, we all call it New Meximas. :smarmy: