• We would like to welcome Pete and Harry as an official Affiliate Vendor. Pete and Harry, co-founded by Erik (EFV) one of our long time members and friends, offers a wide variety of products, clothes, watches and accessories, antique, vintage, “pre-loved” and new - all at unparalleled prices. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

boots at the office?

RollTideTeej

Reaction score
I'd say no, I just don't find the look good with what you described. Maybe if you wear them there and take them off once you get there.

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No. Take them off upon arrival and wear normal shoes, reverse to go home.

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What the others say.

It's rare that we get truly nasty weather in my neck of the woods (by which I mean snow that lingers deep on the ground), but when we do, I wear my wellies and switch into proper shoes once I reach work. It's impossible to find a compromise that satisfies both needs.

However, if you just need a boot for heavy rain or very light snow (i.e. conditions where you don't need a deep/ridged rubber sole for traction) then you do have options that can work under a suit. I use a pair of dainite-soled black calf chukkas in those conditions, though one or two makers also do quite elegant-looking lace-up calf boots too (pretty sure I've seen something along those lines in Edward Green, for example). Just don't get the more country-looking type of boot. In normal rain, dainite-soled regular shoes work just fine, or indeed a pair of older leather-soled shoes where the sole has already worn in nicely.

Last edited:

msulinski

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I woulnd't even bother wearing the above boot with any officewear. Are you hiking to work? Any conditions that require the above boots will, most likely, also require wearing a completely different outfit to the office. Would you really wear the above with tailored pants? If you are stepping in deep snow, you are going to get your pants snowy/wet no matter what boot you wear.

Veremund

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wool trousers won't absorb the wet of the snow. In horrible weather, tuck your trousers into your boots if you must, and then put on your shoes once you get to the office.

msulinski

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Wool trousers won't absorb the wet of the snow. In horrible weather, tuck your trousers into your boots if you must, and then put on your shoes once you get to the office.

They will if you step in enough of it. You run the risk of losing your crease.

Orsini

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Depends on the office to an extent, but I don't think I would wear these. How about dedicated waterproofed chuck boots for this?

Featured Sponsor

LARGE METAL WATCHES WITH TAILORING

• Yes, I’m tacky like that.

• No way José! Dress watch with leather strap for me!

• No watch at all.

Results are only viewable after voting.