1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Bootcut out of style?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by greatfire, Aug 16, 2009.

1. Ahab

Ahab Senior member

I like bootcut but I have been wearing skinny and straightleg recently. I will go back to bootcut sometime I suppose.

2. jet

jet Senior member

I always chuckle inside at the boot cut wearing crowd in LA, of course a slight boot cut is ok if you're wearing boots otherwise straight or taper (no skinny) will never be out of style.

3. robbie

robbie Senior member

517's or Wrangler 13mwzs are similar to the 501, they may never be the
    'fit' but they'll never be completely out if done properly

4. Big Pun

Big Pun Senior member

I've never seen a fit with straight legged pants and thought,"This would look better with a bootcut."

5. ConcernedParent

ConcernedParent Senior member

I always chuckle inside at the boot cut wearing crowd in LA, of course a slight boot cut is ok if you're wearing boots otherwise straight or taper (no skinny) will never be out of style.

As if TR makes anythign but a bootcut.

6. Robert

Robert Senior member

Two pages already on this fascinating subject!

7. dusty

dusty Senior member

I've never seen a fit with straight legged pants and thought,"This would look better with a bootcut."

It looks good within certain aesthetics. Like on slightly sagging, antifit jeans worn with sneakers. Not typical SF fare but that doesn't mean it doesn't work.

8. taxmachine

taxmachine Active Member

Have you been under a rock for the past decade

9. Rye GB

Rye GB Senior member

Look into the following and bring a tape measure to the store when you decide to make a purchase.

Straight slim. 14-15" hem. In Emo/Hipster land 14"-15" isn't skinny but this is probably your limit on the skinny side.

Straight leg: 16" hem with a 17" knee is a nice width, not too loose for a dress shoe and wide enough to cover a boot or sneaker.

Slim boot: Look at 16"-18" leg openings. Make sure the leg opening is no more than 2" bigger than the knee measurement for a nice break.

As far as front rise measurements between 9" & 10".

All of the above suggestions are based upon a 32" waist measurement.

10. ConcernedParent

ConcernedParent Senior member

Ah Silverlake......... 14" on a 32 waist= not skinny.

11. Dracon

Dracon Well-Known Member

Ah Silverlake......... 14" on a 32 waist= not skinny.

Quoted for truth. [​IMG]

12. ZackyBoy

ZackyBoy Senior member

I donated all my bootcut jeans; they look like shit with 99% of footwear.

13. Timbaland

Timbaland Senior member

If the bootcut isn't too much bigger than the knee opening I feel it's wearable. Of the bootcut jeans I have, the hem is 1 inch larger across (so 2 inches in circumference) and it looks ok.

14. Ludeykrus

Ludeykrus Senior member

I donated all my bootcut jeans; they look like shit with 99% of footwear.
    This year. I've been wearing my Earnest Sewn 'Hutch's' lately because they fit my pair of Double H Harness boots just fine. Any smaller and they'll look retarded. I'd say that an inch or less of a boot-cut is fine, but be prepared to catch flack on internet forums due to trends... I actually sized up a size on my latest 514's in order to keep a good overall leg-fit. I'ts all relative...

15. IIIrd Icon

IIIrd Icon Senior member

It looks good within certain aesthetics. Like on slightly sagging, antifit jeans worn with sneakers. Not typical SF fare but that doesn't mean it doesn't work.
    This year. I've been wearing my Earnest Sewn 'Hutch's' lately because they fit my pair of Double H Harness boots just fine. Any smaller and they'll look retarded.

I'd say that an inch or less of a boot-cut is fine, but be prepared to catch flack on internet forums due to trends... I actually sized up a size on my latest 514's in order to keep a good overall leg-fit.
    I'ts all relative...

i wouldn't [readily] say BC is out of style__ since sense of style is subjective. maybe, unpopular ? @ the forums, ei. imo, it depends on who is wearing them and how wide the bootcut is. it'd work for tall ppl with long "stems"__ def not for short and/or stubby legs.

as for leg opening__ do you consider PBJ 005 & 007 bootcut ? after wash, the knee shrinks more than the hem, which leaves the leg opening [circumference] slightly wider by 1/2 inch__ which make them, technically, they are BC.

SD-105 [with a 1 inch boot], i think, has the best bootcut fit [for medium to bigger thighs] mainly because SDA cuts are usually generous around the thigh area and the strong taper from upper thigh to knee [slim knee] trims excess material at the knee and enhances the silhouette.

***Wearable Bootcuts: SD-105 , PBJ 005/007, DJ-501XX, Nudie RRDS & Ola's
    Do you wear boots with the bootcut? Don't see any other reason for bootcut.
    does not need to be [that] literal.

16. itsjustadrian

itsjustadrian Senior member

i wouldn't [readily] say BC is out of style__ since sense of style is subjective. maybe, unpopular ? @ the forums, ei. imo, it depends on who is wearing them and how wide the bootcut is. it'd work for tall ppl with long "stems"__ def not for short and/or stubby legs.

as for leg opening__ do you consider PBJ 005 & 007 bootcut ? after wash, the knee shrinks more than the hem, which leaves the leg opening [circumference] slightly wider by 1/2 inch__ which make them, technically, they are BC.

SD-105 [with a 1 inch boot], i think, has the best bootcut fit [for medium to bigger thighs] mainly because SDA cuts are usually generous around the thigh area and the strong taper from upper thigh to knee [slim knee] trims excess material at the knee and enhances the silhouette.

***Wearable Bootcuts: SD-105 , PBJ 005/007, DJ-501XX, Nudie RRDS & Ola's

does not need to be [that] literal.

Why on Earth do you type like this? It's really annoying.

17. ppllzz

ppllzz Senior member

everyone wants to tuck into boots nowadays...

18. why

why Senior member

I'm more of a city guy when it comes to dressing...so I've always relied on bootcuts.

[​IMG]

19. IIIrd Icon

IIIrd Icon Senior member

Why on Earth do you type like this? It's really annoying.
    know what's really more annoying? ppl who__ easily__ get annoyed.

20. jaychiz

jaychiz Senior member

boot cuts are great for covering up your ugly shoes