1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Bootcut out of style?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by greatfire, Aug 16, 2009.

1. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

Congrats.
    Ive been maried to the same girl for ten years this November.

Then how can you say dressing well is "all about" getting laid?

2. Scooba

Scooba Senior member

this thread is just brimming with idiocy.

3. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Senior member

Congrats.

Then why do you care about teh fashions?

4. Cacatfish

Cacatfish Senior member

Then how can you say dressing well is "all about" getting laid?

Because sex and reproduction are the primary drivers of human behavior.
    Someone having read Kant and Hobbes makes them no less an animal than a binobo.

5. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

[​IMG]

6. Cacatfish

Cacatfish Senior member

That's a fitting close to the convo.

It's been stiumulating.

7. Lane

Lane Senior member

Wooing a girl is shallow and trivial? You've got some fucking weird priorites.

So since the female angle obviously deserves such scorn in your eyes, why dont you lay out just why it is that you give a fuck about fashion, log hundreds of posts here, spend your hard earned money and care enough to bitch at someone you dont know (from the safety of your keyboard of course) about how they are "belittling" you. Im curious to hear what this higher cause is.

Congrats.

I'm saying that if you are putting on clothes/conforming to trends/not being yourself. Basically playing dress up for that sole reason is SHALLOW. Yes, attracting the opposite sex is a plus, but its hardly why I am into fashion that would be lame.

Congrats.

you come off as some clueless college bruh in your earlier posts.

8. Makeshift_Robot

Makeshift_Robot Senior member

"Bonobo", actually. And Hobbes was actually a good choice of philosopher, it always bothers me when people throw out a few as examples that they clearly haven't read and just think of as "brainy".

But you're still dumb. If I want to wear that overpriced Diet Butcher Slim Skin dress/sweatshirt/thing on Blackbird, it's not to help me get laid, at any level of abstraction. The reasons for our dressing ourselves - or creating any art at all, really, or engaging in high-level craftsmanship or science - are incredibly complex, and it's both reductive and incorrect to act like Einstein devoted his spare time to relativity and Brownian motion so he could get laid.

/Xeno

9. Qwertyasher

Qwertyasher New Member

i like that in your drive to sound intelligent by namedropping philosophers falls flat when you misspell 'bonobo'

10. richardwallace

richardwallace Well-Known Member

i like the look of these... not the fading but the general shape [​IMG]

11. BB1

BB1 Senior member

I feel a slight boot cut can sometimes provide a better silhouette than a straight taper.

I have pair of DBSS denim that uses a slight boot cut which I've posted in WAYWT twice. Despite the forum's near universal hatred for boot cut, nobody even noticed the boot cut and instead everyone commented on how well the jeans fit!

If jeans have too much taper you often end up with a super skinny ankle look which I dislike. And if the jeans don't have enough taper, the lower part of the leg can look too baggy. But a sight boot cut can allow taper without creating a skinny ankle.

12. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Senior member

Boot cuts either look very West Village or sloppy (as illustrated in post 250)

Just not a flattering silhouette IMO