• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bootcut ola sizing question.

jessetk313

Reaction score
Hi fellas I tried to search but didnt get a real definite answer to the question I have. I need you guys help because there isnt a store where I could go try the bootcut olas on near me. My question is I am looking to buy a pair of dry bootcut olas but dont want them to be tigh on me I want them to be more of a relaxed fit, so should I size up maybe one or two from my normal size 30 waist in most jeans or would a size 30 stretch out for me? thanks anyone with any insght on this I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you again..

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Why are you buying Bootcut Ola when you're looking for a relaxed fit? This is a pretty skinny cut. If you want something relaxed look at Bjorns or even Ralfs.

jessetk313

Reaction score
well to be quite honest I do want a pair of ralfs but they are about a hundred more then dry bootcut ola and I am on a budget right now and desperately want another pair of raw denim..lol

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jessetk313
well to be quite honest I do want a pair of ralfs but they are about a hundred more then dry bootcut ola and I am on a budget right now and desperately want another pair of raw denim..lol

I'd save for Ralfs then, because Bootcut OLA are made of thin denim that doesn't fade easily and are quite a skinny cut.

capnpyro

Reaction score
I have a pair of BO's, they're a very skinny cut but they stretch quite a bit. I'm a 32 in most jeans, so I got a BO in 32. I could barely button them to start with and they looked like girls stretch pants on my thighs. Within a week or so they had loosened up, and in the intervening months they stretched out more and got even more comfortable. After the break in period they won't be confused with emo kid jeans, but they're far from relaxed.

jessetk313

Reaction score
capnpyro what is the measurement of the thigh and hem of your olas... not sure how bootcut ola thighs compare to an apc rescue if they even compare at all but I got a 29 in the rescue and they fit perfect..

capnpyro

Reaction score
It's not going to help you much, mine are 32's have been watched multiple times and worn in like crazy.

But since I happen to have my ola's and a tailors tape next to me, laid flat they're
Mid-thigh - 10"
Knee - 8 1/4"
Hem - 8 3/4"

jessetk313

Reaction score
that sounds perfect for me...I have pretty small legs 8.75 inch hem is perfect for me go right over my chucks, 10 inch mid thigh would fit me great since again I have pretty small legs and the knee im sure will fit great I may have to get a 32...

jessetk313

Reaction score
its pretty weird but your size 32 measures out to what a size 30 low rise bootcut pair of cheap american eagle jeans i have...

progressiveminded

Reaction score

If you want Ralfs, go for Ralfs. If you need to cut costs, go for greycast as opposed to selvage, but go for the jean that you actually want instead of compromising. If you're anything like me, you'll just be beating yourself up in a couple months when you still want the pair of Ralfs that you could have gotten before.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
its pretty weird but your size 32 measures out to what a size 30 low rise bootcut pair of cheap american eagle jeans i have...

I'm sorry but I think it's ridiculous to buy a pair of skinny jeans and size up two to get a "relaxed" fit when they sell the "relaxed" jean you want made of better quality denim already.

jessetk313

Reaction score
thanks drizz thats a very good point, I probably wont get them your def right, progressivemind I would be beating myself up Ill probably just save up and get the ralfs...

minhi

Reaction score
thanks drizz thats a very good point, I probably wont get them your def right, progressivemind I would be beating myself up Ill probably just save up and get the ralfs...
i'd suggest you track down a pair, i have both the olas and ralfs in the same size 32x34 (i'm actually more of a 30) and they sit way different.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads