Boot Tuck: Discuss.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by AR_Six, Feb 8, 2009.

1. WoodyStylee

WoodyStylee Senior member

I like the look if its more 'nonchalant', rather than jeans carefully tucked and everything perfect. When someone can just throw a pair of boots on, and let the jeans do what they may...thats how the look is pulled off IMO

2. GoSurface

GoSurface Senior member

I do it.

I want some good lace up boots to do it with though.

3. JFKJean

JFKJean Senior member

What brand of boots do you wear? I'm having trouble finding something I like.

I found a pair at (believe it or not) Zara for $150 in a real dark brown, it almost looks black but I'm still vintage hunting for a tan colored pair, already worn in and distressed. John Varavtos has a cool pair as well but I couldn't justify spending $500 at the time...or even $350 that one of the associates offered me. When you find your pair and get it settled, it'll be worth it b/c the chicks dig the look

4. Stazy

Stazy Senior member

Suitable for boot tuck? [​IMG]

5. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

The daytons are somewhat low... don't know how that would end up looking.

6. Stazy

Stazy Senior member

The daytons are somewhat low... don't know how that would end up looking.

Yah that's what I was thinking too. Nice boots though.

7. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

Although spectacularly expensive for what they are. I might own a pair, if they got to half price before selling out. I'm starting to be the guy who buys out RG's sale stock.

8. rocks

rocks Senior member

Stazy, how about liquidating a third of your wardrobe and buy two pairs of Carpe Diem boots, one for me and the other for your self. Or just allocate a few thousand and proxy two pairs of the gray attachment boots from two seasons ago, again one for me and one for your self. Lastly if money is a limiting factor I'd settle for buttero work boots in gray leather, they were available in Japan a couple seasons ago and they're pretty nice.[​IMG]

9. Stazy

Stazy Senior member

Stazy, how about liquidating a third of your wardrobe and buy two pairs of Carpe Diem boots, one for me and the other for your self. Or just allocate a few thousand and proxy two pairs of the gray attachment boots from two seasons ago, again one for me and one for your self. Lastly if money is a limiting factor I'd settle for buttero work boots in gray leather, they were available in Japan a couple seasons ago and they're pretty nice.[​IMG]

Anyone sell Carpe Diem or Grey Attachment boots online? I'll buy a pair for myself and send you some pics.

10. rocks

rocks Senior member

Lol, I believe Atelier sells both CD's and Attachment boot but you might also want to check Rakuten for sites that sells them and go the cheaper route. I'll look it up for you when I get a chance..... Edit, look what I found, a a killer deal on a new pair of CD's, these are too big for me though, plus I'd like a more rugged finish, btw these are already sold. I guess sufu does have its purpose. http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk...ght=carpe+diem

11. mainy

mainy Senior member

don't really like it in the original pic posted, looks a little contrived

only time I ever rock this look is when I pull my boots on out the door, don't have time to tie'em up and they just naturally tuck in

12. Stazy

Stazy Senior member

Lol, I believe Atelier sells both CD's and Attachment boot but you might also want to check Rakuten for sites that sells them and go the cheaper route. I'll look it up for you when I get a chance.....

Thanks for the heads up. I'm digging these "Oiled Horse Leather Lace Up Boots" by Augusta.

[​IMG]

13. willy cheesesteak

willy cheesesteak Senior member

Oh..wow, picture caught me by surprise, heh... Heres an article on boot-tucking: [​IMG]

14. Listi

Listi Senior member

[​IMG] I don't think my boots are tall enough, and it's uncomfortable, and I'm getting back of the leg flare because the boots are too short. I think I did a better boot tuck than any other boot tuck I've seen in real life, but I don't think it's working for me. Sooo, picture of what not to do?

15. Superb0bo

Superb0bo Senior member

It can occasionally work, but most often it doesnt. The boots needs to be the right height, and with the right width. Ive done it with bean boots, which is practical, but nothing else. [​IMG] classic