1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Boot trees

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Duveen, May 1, 2004.

1. Duveen

Duveen Senior member

I just acquired a pair of Chelsea boots and am on the lookout for trees. I live in Washington, DC and am considering an extremely pricey Weston boot tree model.

Any guidance on where/how to get boot trees of decent quality with full heels (not the Rochester cowboy type with the strong spring, 'fits sizes 13-15')?

2. Duveen

Duveen Senior member

Bump

Some help here - I am facing a $90 boot tree purchase.

3. bengal-stripe

bengal-stripe Senior member Dubiously Honored

We discussed that topic, maybe a year ago (try a search). I remember "Naturlaut" posted a picture of wonderful John Lobb (Paris) boot trees, but they don't do them anymore (at least not in London). The only boot trees I could find are those by Dasco (Dunkelman): http://www.shoe-shop.com/invt/das002...icat,3,,m10092 That leaves the question, whether or not special boot trees are really necessary for short ankle boots (long riding boots are a different matter).

4. Duveen

Duveen Senior member

Thanks, bengal-stripe.

I guess I'll go with the ones here - with delivery charges, the Dasco will work out to at least US$90...

If I find any discount outlets for boot trees in the future I'll be sure to let the group know.