1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Boot trees

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by naturlaut, Sep 17, 2003.

1. naturlaut

naturlaut Senior member

I remember there was a thread on boot trees, but I can't find it, so pardon my starting a new thread. Â I wanted to take some pictures/videos earlier, but was waiting for my new camera (Sony V1.). To original poster: Technically you don't really need a boot tree for chealsea boots, as a regular shoe tree would keep the toes in shape. Â However, since I assume yours are not custom, you are using a spring-action tree; when the trees are in the boots the springs expand to their fullest, thus pushing the lower part of the boots without doing anything to the boot from the ankle up --- see Picture 1, which is what would happen after some time. Â Besides, don't you feel difficult putting and 'digging' the trees out of the boots? There are boot trees, designed specifically for boots. Â As far as I know, most makers have their own version. Â I have included some pictures as well as a short video on Lobb's version. The Lobb boot tree is made up of two spring-actioned parts, with a dedicated piece for the heel. Â Taking them out is fairly simple (just pull.), and the design that facilitates the pushing-in is a real joy. Â Here are some pictures: [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Inserting Boot Tree

2. constant struggle

constant struggle Senior member

Does anyone know where to find some boot trees?

I have some cap toe boots that are lacking trees... any suggestions?

3. adambparker

adambparker Senior member

Does anyone know where to find some boot trees?

I have some cap toe boots that are lacking trees... any suggestions?

Grapevinehill has Woodlore boot trees, and they're 20% off today and tomorrow.

4. constant struggle

constant struggle Senior member