• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Boot/Shoe Repair

cjmorris21

Reaction score
Is there any way that these can just be made functional again? I would just like the leather to be replaced and I am content that they can never look like they originally were.
phototmq.jpg

appolyon

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Erm, what's wrong with them?

appolyon

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by max_r
looks like something took a bite out of the tounge on the left foot and a bit of the upper(?) on the right foot.

I promise I will pay more attention in future...

Eustace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How the hell did that happen? Hiking in a shark tank?

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

snake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That sucks!
I too would love to hear how this happened. From the shape it looks like someone/thing took a bite out of it, however it's just too clean of a cut..

konadog

Reaction score
go to a decent cobbler and turn them into shoes, like the alden indy shoes at leathersole hawaii.

is1.jpg

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tigerFormula
MAn and those look like aldens too.

Nop. Rew Wings GTs.

cjmorris21

Reaction score
They are Red Wing GT's and my ******* dog chewed the **** out of them. My fault for leaving them out but oh well. I already talked to one place and they said that the "collar" needed to be replaced. I will still wear them like this because you can't really tell with jeans on and I don't care about them being fucked up, I wear them because they are comfortable and great in the winter. I wouldn't even care if there was stitching down the one side of it, I just want something sewed on. But if it is more than $100 or so, I will just buy a new pair.

cjmorris21

Reaction score
This is the monster that did it. I was so pissed, but I still love him.
5360_791853122888_5736718_45453729_5786961_n.jpg

Chrispy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by konadog
go to a decent cobbler and turn them into shoes, like the alden indy shoes at leathersole hawaii.

is1.jpg

Do this!

They would be such unique shoes!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads