• Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. Passus shoes was founded by long term members of the forum and veterans of the shoes business. and is dedicated to crafting fine shoes in Budapest in a time honored tradition. Please help me give them a warm welcome in their new affiliate vendor thread.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

BOOT Damage: Vass Suede Chukka on U Last (PiCs!)

Soph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

jml90

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Finally brokw down and bought them eh?

tiger02

Militarist
Reaction score
Nice Soph, really nice. The U Last toe looks best unadorned, I think. It's like the long hood of a classic British roadster.

Soph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tiger02
Nice Soph, really nice. The U Last toe looks best unadorned, I think. It's like the long hood of a classic British roadster.

---- I'd have to agree other than perhaps their medalion. Vass's 3 eyelet London I have is probably my favorite shoe in red cognac. The vamp is extraordinary yet not over the top. I really love that shoe. I will buy one in dark brown also. Highly recommended.

Disclaimer:
These were not bought in Germany.
That is all.

thinman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just checked in after a 2 day absence. Great chukkas!! I think I've just decided to put a pair of tan suede chukkas on my wish list.

Soph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

marc237

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great boots. When I first read the title of the thread, I was worried that you are injured the great boots and was prepared to offer my sympathy. Glad I was wrong and that you can enjoy the testaments to simplicity.

thinman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Soph
Now do I get an exacting belt in dark suede?
It might be a bit much, the more I think of this rule?
http://bensilver.com/fs_storefront.a...y=3606&group=1

http://bensilver.com/fs_storefront.a...y=5680&group=1
Thoughts?

Actually I'm getting one today, as I guess it won't look too much and probably spot on.

Soph, go for the belt. I ordered several belts from STP last year and one of the belts they shipped was wrong--it was a Robert Talbott chocolate suede belt that I didn't order. I decided to keep it, even though I didn't own any suede shoes at the time, because I knew I would eventually buy at least one pair. Now the belt is indispensible with my chocolate suede C&J wingtips. I think you really need a suede belt to wear with suede shoes.

Soph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thinman,

Agreed, I just purchaed the CnJ dk brown suede, as I felt the color looks to match the best and the quality is probably of a higher grade.

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Thinman,

Agreed, I just purchaed the CnJ dk brown suede, as I felt the color looks to match the best and the quality is probably of a higher grade.

Sutor Mantellassi and Orciani also make damn fine suede belts.

Soph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aportnoy
Sutor Mantellassi and Orciani also make damn fine suede belts.

---- I didn't see anything at Lance's that matched
but the CnJ seemed so ideal and my size

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
---- I didn't see anything at Lance's that matched
but the CnJ seemed so ideal and my size

Matching is the tricky part. I've actually started having EG make up belts for me with my shoe orders to avoid the issue.

thinman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aportnoy
Matching is the tricky part. I've actually started having EG make up belts for me with my shoe orders to avoid the issue.

Yes, I got lucky that my Talbott belt matches my shoes in both color and nap of the suede. I think matching the nap is also important and is even more difficult on the web than color matching.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.