• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

booo......ts

DNW

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Renault78law

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
#2. The BR's toe box looks a little too high, a little clunky.

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They are both so-so but 1 is better

dhinggok

Reaction score
got the varvatos in black.... just looking to diversify.... but given my environment (collegiate environment), i think a different investment would garner larger returns, so to say

NoVaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Assuming we're talking full retail, I vote neither. If we're talking sale, I wouldn't do it unless I got at least 50% off and I was just looking for a pair of knock-around shoes. In that case, probably #2

there were a ton of BR boots on ebay a while back. either chelseas or jodhpurs.

i would get neither. BR's tend to fall apart quickly, and polish poorly. i was disappointed with every pair i've bought. and i bought them all on sale, between 19.99 and 45.00.

j&m's are j&m's. slightly better than BR, but not worth it at full retail either, unless we're talking aristocrafts. and at that point, you should just go to AE , Alden, C&J or Brooks.

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I bought my BR for about $50 around xmas last year. I don't think they are worth full price though, and I'm not really a huge fan of them.

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite pair of shoes to wear with jeans? (Choose two)

• Boots (Chelsea, Chukkas, Balmorals, etc.)

• Loafers

• Work boots (Red Wing, Wolverine, etc.)

• Monk strap shoes

• Oxford / Derby shoes

• Sneakers

Results are only viewable after voting.