• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bookster - Customer Service issue

The Psephologist

Reaction score
I ordered a tweed cap for my OH's birthday on June 25th from Bookster, paid via Paypal all fine.

However it's now 10 weeks since the order was placed and no one is answering my contact regarding the order. I understand there is a 6-8 week lead time on orders, which is fine. (My other half is Equus Leather - so we know about how long it takes to make bespoke items!).

My issue isn't really the length of time taken, it's more with their customer service.

I sent an email 2 weeks ago asking about the status of the order - no reply.
I called a week ago, my name and number was taken and I was promised someone would call me back - no call.
I called this morning, same thing happened again. I said that nobody had returned my call last time and I was promised someone would call back today - no call.

I've sent an email to all 3 of their email address, so we will see what happens. Has anyone else had problems with this company?

Colnago

Reaction score
I have only had positive experiences with Brookster. they are a family run business and may have been off on holiday for part of August. Ask for Michele and she should be able to sort out the situation for you.

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Colnago
I have only had positive experiences with Brookster. they are a family run business and may have been off on holiday for part of August. Ask for Michele and she should be able to sort out the situation for you.

i SUSPECT THEY ARE ON HOLIDAY AS i EMAILED pETE ABOUT A SUIT ON EbAY AND NO REPLY.

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Colnago

+1. Peter and Michele have bent over backwards for me. I'm sure August is their vacation.

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My newphew orders from them. He has similar issues with their customer service although not quite as bad as yours. That said, he has been happy with the items they make for him.

PTWilliams

Reaction score
Funny. I could have been the original poster.

I ordered a LEDBURY cap from them on July 3, then Emailed them on August 14th and 31st asking about the order status without any reply. I'm not really worried because I previously received an Inverness cape from them which I am very happy with, and received a very honest response when I was asking about a boating jacket they had. I have purchased three jackets from them and have nothing but positive things to say about my orders.

I am interested in knowing what fabric the OP ordered. I ordered tattersall for summer, and was considering a some fall/winter selections but wanted to receive the LEDBURY cap to make sure I was happy with it first. My winter choices would have been HB NAVY HERRINGBONE TWEED, HB DARK GREEN HERRINGBONE TWEED, Blackwatch Harris Tweed, or BERROW TWEED. Since then, I have purchased a burberry driving cap, a surprising choice since I generally avoid recognizable trademake clothing, preferring to be a total elistist.

mlongano

Reaction score
I too am waiting for a jacket from Bookster, about seven weeks now since I ordered it. Three emails in the last two weeks and no response from them.

stmny

Reaction score
I placed my first order at the end of June. I sent an email on Aug. 31 to check on the status of the order. Michele responded on Sept. 2 that my order was complete and would be shipping shortly. I received a shipment confirmation on Sept. 3. Looking forward to receiving and trying on.

Marcellionheart

Reaction score
I wouldn't worry; they're very much alive and in business; I was there in Ross a couple of weeks ago to review an order I had put in which needed some altering. Most of their tailors go on vacation for one or two weeks in August so they have a backlog during this time. Peter and Michele might also be on vacation right now, I'm not sure. I'm still waiting on an e-mail. But I wouldn't worry too much.

mdg137

Reaction score
I placed an order for a full Norfolk last week, no problems with communication.

Michele did say they were having issues with their hotmail, and are in the process of switching to a new email system.

Ive now purchased 6 items from Bookster, and the single item I had a problem with, they went far beyond the call of duty to fix.

Communication has been excellent, service absolutely first rate.

George

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by The Psephologist
I ordered a tweed cap for my OH's birthday on June 25th from Bookster, paid via Paypal all fine. However it's now 10 weeks since the order was placed and no one is answering my contact regarding the order. I understand there is a 6-8 week lead time on orders, which is fine. (My other half is Equus Leather - so we know about how long it takes to make bespoke items!). My issue isn't really the length of time taken, it's more with their customer service. I sent an email 2 weeks ago asking about the status of the order - no reply. I called a week ago, my name and number was taken and I was promised someone would call me back - no call. I called this morning, same thing happened again. I said that nobody had returned my call last time and I was promised someone would call back today - no call. I've sent an email to all 3 of their email address, so we will see what happens. Has anyone else had problems with this company?
Couldn't you have summarised this activity in some type of graph or something. I'm disappointed.
frown.gif

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by George
Couldn't you have summarised this activity in some type of graph or something.

I'm disappointed.
frown.gif

Certainly a poal is called for, at the very least.

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aportnoy
Certainly a poal is called for, at the very least.

What is a "poal"?

is it some form of torture for those on vacation ?

bookster1uk

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mdg137
I placed an order for a full Norfolk last week, no problems with communication.

Michele did say they were having issues with their hotmail, and are in the process of switching to a new email system.

Ive now purchased 6 items from Bookster, and the single item I had a problem with, they went far beyond the call of duty to fix.

Communication has been excellent, service absolutely first rate.

Only just picked up on this thread. First of all I apologise to anybody who has received anything less than great service and communication from us.

We are pretty well known for 2 things. 1/Our customer service 2/the fact we do not/cannot rush things through-we would rather refuse an order. That said 2 issues mentioned are absolutely true

We have used Hotmail since we began as here in the sticks we have power outages more often than most companies and needed web based email, as well as our backup regular email address.
We have grown quite quickly and managed with Hotmail, despite issues over time,and wanted to avoid the upheaval of changing email provider. But..... their latest revamp has been too much, they've tried to make it like Gmail and lots of queries have not reached us. So we've taken the plunge. As well as Hotmail ( it will be phased out) we can now be reached reliably at [email protected]

Secondly, we always experience delays as is mentioned due to well deserved tailors holidays in the summer.
Its difficult to address the personal issues raised here as people post under pseudonyms, but we've managed to figure out who the OP is. If they are who we think they are we replied to them ,they phoned ( which is always a good idea if concerned) on Friday and promised to get back to them with an update, it was too late to get that update on Friday and our tailors have to take time to ensure that any update they give us is accurate so we were already scheduled to get back to them today.
I can't figure out who the other concerned people on this thread are so I urge them to PM me, or use the new email addy and of course we will get back to them pronto.

Its also worth noting that we always quote delivery times as approximate, what we do is more of an art than a science.If we commit to a specific date such as weddings / civil ceremonies etc we deliver. Anybody not happy with the wait if we are running late at certain times of the year can have a refund.
The queries on this thread are certainly not the norm for us and I hope my explanation goes some way to putting things in perspective.

Peter

kuno

Reaction score
Hello all

First post here - i came across the forum after Googling "bookster order problems". Frankly, i just wanted to know if Bookster fulfilled their orders and my money was safe. (I'm relieved to hear that they do, and it is). I ordered, and paid for, a pair of trousers for my Dad in September. While my emails have been answered, it has taken a while to get replies and those replies have been less than specific. Still no trousers, nor a date for completion, and in the meantime Senior has bought himself a pair of cheap nasty things, so i do hope that when the Bookster ones appear they are impressive enough to restore my standing in that quarter! Overall i think 9 weeks+ to make a pair of corduroy pants is pushing it and i currently have Bookster filed under "could do better"; hopefully the arrival, someday soon, of a worthy product will make it all worthwhile.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads