• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Book Review: Take Ivy, The Trad Bible & What's A Bumbershoot? ...

cmeisenzahl

Reaction score
My quick take on the new Take Ivy printing, thought some of you guys might get a kick out of it. ;-)

Book Review: Take Ivy, The Trad Bible & What's A Bumbershoot?

"Take Ivy is a coffee table book that was just released a couple of weeks ago. I pre-ordered it early in the summer and have been waiting. It's actually a reprint of a Japanese book from 1965. Take Ivy turned into a Trad/Prep men's style Bible of sorts, the final word on what defines the American Prep style of the 1960s and beyond. It's mostly photographs of Ivy League college campuses from 1965, all candids. There is accompanying commentary throughout. There is also a brief reference with respect to what makes up the Trad/Prep style along with some history of the eight Ivy-League schools."

Kaplan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice. Looks like it won't be out till the 28th of October over here, so I'll see if I can get a friend to bring it back from the US.

Is it easily available in shops in LA?

Racing Green

Reaction score

Kaplan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ That site is where I got the October 28 date from; good to hear you got yours already. But for some reason they don't ship to Denmark
plain.gif

Racing Green

Reaction score
They told me October 28 too. It's weird, they advertise worldwide shipping and Denmark seems to be just about the only country not on the list.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads