• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

BoO / Gilt Fallout

Davidko19

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Alright boys, I figure most of us were on there promptly at noon going through the large selection like crazy. This was the most hyped/anticipated sale Ive seen yet.

There were some misses, but plenty of hits and tons of things taken out from us. All in all though...what kind of damage did you do?

Me - $304

Wool Boat shoes - $68
boatshoes.jpg

Plum Stripe Oxford Button Down - $108
stripeshirt.jpg

Brown and White Mini Stripe Tie - $58
stripetie.jpg

Champagne Tonal Stripe Tie - $58
tonaltie.jpg

who8mahrice

Reaction score
I was trying to get a pair of boat shoes, I was able to get the wool ones in my cart but I just felt a bit weird with them being wool and all...

Ended not being able to get anything for myself, but picked up a plum striped oxford and chocolate overdyed oxford for Vashin (Canada)

michaelp123

Reaction score
Just this. Trying to control the spending these days. Multi Check Shirt $108
12_a_130_1025_12med.jpg

Spencer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Davidko19
Plum Stripe Oxford Button Down - $108
stripeshirt.jpg
[/IMG]

Had that in my cart but let it go
frown.gif

inviscid

Reaction score
got the wool boat shoes as well.
wanted the leather, but somone nabbed it in my hesitation.

OP (or anyone who definitely knows) : how did you size yours?

Vashin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by who8mahrice
I was trying to get a pair of boat shoes, I was able to get the wool ones in my cart but I just felt a bit weird with them being wool and all...

Ended not being able to get anything for myself, but picked up a plum striped oxford and chocolate overdyed oxford for Vashin (Canada)

thanks for the proxy, the leather boat BOOTS are still around lol. But I guess not so summerish

inviscid

Reaction score
i've never bought sperry's before. can anyone say how they fit in relation to wallabees/chucks?

who8mahrice

Reaction score
JD, If you can tell me within the next 10 minutes or so, I'll do it cause it'll combine shipping.

cldpsu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm 13 so I bought a 13. I wear an insole too so I never bother sizing down. I really have a hard time agreeing that so many shoes run big anyways... they always feel true to size for me, at least in length.

surrender

Reaction score
$207 here - $128 for the leather boat boots and and $68 for the black nylon boat shoes, both size 8.5, plus shipping.

The ties were a bit underwhelming, but I already own this one and I'm surprised that nobody has snatched it up yet:
http://www.gilt.com/s/bandmen/product/8733745

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads