• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bonobos

JakeLA

Reaction score
Tried a pair a while back. The fit sucks, unless you wants pants that hug your ass and then flare out at the bottom like those pants girls wear to yoga class.

gladhands

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JakeLA
Tried a pair a while back. The fit sucks, unless you wants pants that hug your ass and then flare out at the bottom like those pants girls wear to yoga class.

Pics or it didn't happen.

I was tempted to buy in the past because it's hard to find casual pants with 36 inseam and all of ther 34w used to be 36in. I always chickened out because I couldn't find credible reviews.

alliswell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
Bonobos sells a lot of pants. Actually, a huge number of pants.

Aldo sells a lot of shoes. Douche it up FTW.

mjphillips

Reaction score
I have two pair that I picked up at the sample sale for $50/each and I like them a lot, though I did have my tailor slim the leg and get rid of the flare. Their fits aren't consistent though...probably had to try on 10 to find 2 that worked. I wouldn't pay full retail but I like the ones I have.

Lafayette

Reaction score
Originally Posted by gladhands
Pics or it didn't happen.

I was tempted to buy in the past because it's hard to find casual pants with 36 inseam and all of ther 34w used to be 36in. I always chickened out because I couldn't find credible reviews.

I have quite a few pairs of Bonobos but don't feel qualified to offer a review as I don't have enough experience with other brands in this price range. With my limited experience, I can say they're a step up from mall brands. Most likely not SF approved but great for someone building a wardrobe on a budget.

If you don't like the pants, returning items to Bonobos is very easy and it's free shipping both ways; you can send anything back if you don't think the quality is up to snuff. They offer a hassle free return policy that involves nothing more than a couple of clicks with a mouse and printing off a FedEx label from a link they provide. You won't have to have to justify/explain yourself to someone over the phone. Point and click in under a minute.

Should you need to e-mail/phone them about something, Bonobos customer service if amazing. Any e-mail I've sent has been responded to in under an hour and they're always willing to go the extra mile to make any mistakes right.

david123

Reaction score
For those who tried and disliked them a while back, I think they have changed their cut a bit. I also really disliked how even their straight fit were much too loose below the knee, but I exchanged a pair and ordered another new pair recently and they are much slimmer with the leg opening reduced at least half an inch, maybe more. I am wearing a pair today and they are very nicely tapered down to the leg opening.

heavyd

Reaction score
Originally Posted by heavyd
Does anyone have any experience with these. Seems like a J. Crew style licensing deal.

http://www.bonobos.com/store/item/navy_lp_suit

Loro Piana

http://www.bonobos.com/store/item/ge...nt_french_calf

Esquivel

i guess this is a no.
boxing[1].gif

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I met a guy who works for them. Nice guy. His business card had his job title as "Ninja". I was confused.

david123

Reaction score
Originally Posted by heavyd
i guess this is a no.
boxing[1].gif

People here have criticized the suits rather harshly before, though I think just based on how it looks, especially the coat length. I think some of their own products are nice, and some of the other brands they sell like those shoes can be a very good deal at times because they frequently have discounts, Groupon-type gift certificate deals, etc.

Saturdays

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They are frequently on Gilt.com
Saw them more than once in past month.

david123

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Saturdays
They are frequently on Gilt.com
Saw them more than once in past month.

Yeah but they give free 2-way shipping and unlimited returns. Gilt definitely doesn't. Worth buying from Bonobos directly if you want to try them.

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone tried their shorts? Would you say they are slim? True to size?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads