1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Bonobos Oxleys Oxford Pants

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by tgod93, Mar 26, 2012.

1. tgod93

tgod93 Well-Known Member

http://www.bonobos.com/po-8823-oxford-pants-green-ash

I want to get those pair of pants. Apparently they are super super comfortable and great for hot weather. However, does anyone have any experience with these oxford pants before? Any suggestions for sizing?

Thanks

2. deveandepot1

deveandepot1 Well-Known Member

It looks like they just came out. I would just buy a pair and return if they don't work out.
    They have a great return policy.

3. tgod93

tgod93 Well-Known Member

yea i just remembered earlier that they have free returns. they are so generous about that.

4. Hotel Guy

Hotel Guy Well-Known Member

just bought a pair, should have them by tomorrow and will report back on them.

5. deveandepot1

deveandepot1 Well-Known Member

What color did you go with?

6. tgod93

tgod93 Well-Known Member

well i just got mine and I bought them in the mint green color. Although I have to exchange them cause they fit smaller than I thought.

-A tad more colorful than the picture
    -Great Fit.

7. gort

gort Well-Known Member

I got a pair of the blue ones. They are really comfy. Just order them and return if you don't like. They have an easy return policy.

8. Uunottaja

Uunottaja Well-Known Member

I can't really picture how the fabric looks in these, in real world. Is it very light and how formal would you say it looks?

9. tgod93

tgod93 Well-Known Member

The fabric is really light weight and soft. Its hard to compare to something else. But if you are interested, I would definitely suggest you buy a pair. Bonobos always has GREAT fitting pants and good quality material and these pants are no exception.

As mentioned already, their return policy is so easy... and its FREE! Free shipping and free returns on all orders. First time costumers also get a 20% off coupon.

10. Hotel Guy

Hotel Guy Well-Known Member

The pants are great, they fit maybe 1" larger than what I typically wear. I wanted to keep them, but unfortunately the color didnt look right on me so I sent them back.

11. hookem12387

hookem12387 Well-Known Member

I've never seen so many positive comments about Bonobos very odd fit. Maybe they've changed it, but I didn't think so

12. knucks

knucks Well-Known Member

What sizes did you guys get and can you provide thigh measurements? I've ordered a pair before, they were a bit tight...don't want to order again if it's not even close

13. Michigan Planner

Michigan Planner Well-Known Member

I gave up on Bonobos pants since their sizing and fit seems to be all over the place. I'll echo the others though that they do have a good return policy so I would suggest ordering multiple pairs the first time around to really dial in on the sizing that you need.

14. knucks

knucks Well-Known Member

yeah, did that with their shirts..the all-american worked for me (decently) well in a large. still loose in the waist area :/

saw this earlier..intresting move

15. perfectson

perfectson Active Member

pants look awesome, I just bought one (for sizing purposes) and got $25 off, so hopefully they do fit better and are more durable than my banana republics. I like lighter fabric as I'm in Florida. Once sized, I will be looking at the yellow "jeans", which I can definitely rock in a swanky fashion on the south beach streets.

16. jjmathews202

jjmathews202 New Member

hate to necro, but I'm really interested in these pants. I really prefer the oxford cloth over chinos and other materials. As far as i'm concerned, they look a little more formal than chinos, but that doesn't necessarily mean they are. Could i wear them year round? I'm in north carolina where it can be hot even in the winter months.

Thanks,
    JJ