• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bonjour Montréal

Fabienne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'll be in MontrÃ
00a9.png
al next week, with some time on my hands for shopping purposes. I usually stay pretty much along Ste-Catherine, visiting boutiques and department stores. This time, I plan to visit the Sarah Pacini store on rue Peel, and I'll pay more attention to la rue St-Denis for clothes instead of books. I am wondering if there might be a women's clothing store I don't know of elsewhere, the kind that carries small sizes? Also, I am potentially interested in purchasing a hat for the fall.

Georges5

Reaction score
Dear,

you'll find some nice clothes at Monaco's, in the nicest mall of Montreal that you probably already know on Peel Street ....

Best regards.

GeorgeV

Chui Snob,

Chui infestÃ
00a9.png
par ce microbe

Fabienne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
wink.gif
for completing Vian.

You mean Club Monaco? I think I remember going there (clothing mostly white, that time), but the sizes were, alas, too big. Worth another try, perhaps, if they have altered their sizing system.

Georges5

Reaction score
Yes CLUB Monaco...It is !

Il y a du coca,
je deteste ça,
personne fait plus ça
je vais boire du whisky à gogo...

tounge.gif

fatherseanfan

Reaction score
Club Monaco is nothing special, but the boutique stores in the mini-mall where it is located on Peel, called Cours Mont Royal, are good.

Fabienne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cours Mont Royal, yes, I have been there. Not as bustling as La Baie, naturally, feels a little dead in contrast.

Nobody has anything else?

Violinist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fabienne...

Club Monaco is like Benneton... very generic clothing, skip it totally.

Go to Holt Renfrew (just a bit west of the Ritz) for women's clothing, then go to Ogilvy's on De La Montagne.

St. Catherine is filthy, but you'll probably be able to find some decent places. I know that my mother found one shoe store selling fairly high end shoes, and she got two pairs of beautiful alligator shoes for a fairly sizeable discount.

Jovan

Banned for Good
Reaction score
I'm jealous, Fabienne. MontrÃ
00a9.png
al is my place of birth.
smile.gif

Violinist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by montecristo#4
It wouldn't be a trip to Monteal without a trip to SuperSex.

No person who has lived here more than 5 minutes understands where this stereotype comes from. It is know as being the worst place to go in this city... for strippers, for anything. They love to treat people horribly, if you're American the bouncers are literally just waiting for you to say something wrong and they'll throw you down the stairs. If you really want to go to a strip club, there are like 10 places far better than super sex.

I'm guessing it's just hte named of the club?

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Try Mona Moore for some gorgeous shoes:

http://www.monamoore.com/

Holt/Ogilvy/cours mont-royal for high end boutiques, most have sales right now so you could get something like 40% at Holt.

You might like Simons on St-Catherine, walking distance from Ogilvy, Holts, Mona Moore and Cours mont-Royal

St-denis for more bohemians offerings (try Dubuc for small sizes and various other small venues for vintage/ethnic clothing stores). You can shop all-around the st-denis/Mont-Royal axis for CDs/books/Clothes, some nice places to eat out too.

St-Laurent has plenty of boutiques to offer, as for St-Denis it's all about walking into random stores and trying stuff on.

Andy The-Ânh is an interesting local designer of Womenswear.

Chabanel is more about factory outlets and you'll have a better experience if you know what you're doing and what you're looking for, which might not be the case when traveling.

I'll add some more later if you tell me what you're looking for, very tired right now....

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads