• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bonham Strand Tailors - Social Conscious - Anyone Tried?

HKflaneur

Reaction score
I had a two-piece suit made from them and the overall process was a bit frustrating, but for the money, it was far less frustrating than other experiences I've had with tailors and shirtmaker in HK when trying to save money.

You really have to know what you want to make sure they deliver a quality product, but if you do, they will keep fixing issues until you are satisfied. I'll do a longer write-up once I've had a full year with the suit, but overall I'm pretty happy with the final result, and plan on returning to see if they can do a decent DB sport coat.

CAWK

Reaction score
Recently went there, picked out a navy blue for around HK$4,700. Slightly frustrated with the turnaround, they weren't even ready for the baste fitting, had to go again the next day. Now waiting for second fitting, as they delayed AGAIN, I might forgive them if the fit turned out really nice.

willt91

Reaction score
Hi just curious what part of the process was frustrating? Was the staff not asking the right questions? Were they not accomodating enough?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads