• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bond Quantum of Solace Tie

aavlee

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm going to guess that the original tie is a Tom Ford. But does anyone know where I can find a similar tie online in appearance?

For those of you who aren't sure what I'm talking about here are a few screens of 007 in the champagne/cream color. Earlier in the movie he wears a light blue version, which appears to be the same weave.

qos90.jpg

MV5BMTI0NzkwOTU0M15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTc.jpg

Thanks!

dopamine

Reaction score
I'd be interested to know as well. Also - how the hel did he get such a beautiful knot? It looks far too perfect to be humanly possible.

Eccentric

Reaction score
Don't know about the tie but that looks like a nice Pratt knot.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Obviously, the Ford will be much nicer, but Joseph Abboud also puts out some decent ties in simple patterns like the above tie. If you are near a TJ Maxx/Marshalls, you can find these for $25 or less. Full retail, they are about $80.

Armani also makes ties in that color and pattern, but you'd pay a lot for a so-so tie, so I'd say Abboud might be a good bet.

KJT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rach2jlc
Obviously, the Ford will be much nicer, but Joseph Abboud also puts out some decent ties in simple patterns like the above tie. If you are near a TJ Maxx/Marshalls, you can find these for $25 or less. Full retail, they are about $80.

Armani also makes ties in that color and pattern, but you'd pay a lot for a so-so tie, so I'd say Abboud might be a good bet.

Similarly, I have two brooks brothers ties in a similar pattern - one in a light blue/navy weave, and one in a maroon/cream weave. Both beautiful ties, but obviously not as nice as the Ford ties. Got them both on ebay at some point for<$15.

JohnnyCrockett

Reaction score
Tie not withstanding, this was the worst Bond every made, and perhaps the temporary destruction of what the Bond franchise once was.

Nothing admirable about Bond in this film (he doesn't even have his way with the girl!), and he certainly isn't the role model a Sean Connery, Roger Moore, or Pierce Brosnan was. He is just a lowlife thug dressed in effeminate/Malibu-chic Tom Ford. This movie made the Bourne movies look like Casablanca and Daniel Craig's acting makes Damon in Bourne look like King Lear in terms of character complexity.

highball

Reaction score
I have a tie from Hickey Freeman (procured from the recent nyc sample sale) which looks much like that. It's sort of a micro houndstooth weave with taupe &amp; silver. It has a thinner lining and is very supple, and ties a very good knot/dimple. I saw a number of others in different colors so you might give HF a try.

zarathustra

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a few turnbulls that are similar.

mikej77

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JohnnyCrockett
Tie not withstanding, this was the worst Bond every made, and perhaps the temporary destruction of what the Bond franchise once was.

Nothing admirable about Bond in this film (he doesn't even have his way with the girl!), and he certainly isn't the role model a Sean Connery, Roger Moore, or Pierce Brosnan was. He is just a lowlife thug dressed in effeminate/Malibu-chic Tom Ford. This movie made the Bourne movies look like Casablanca and Daniel Craig's acting makes Damon in Bourne look like King Lear in terms of character complexity.

So what does this have to do with the discussion about the tie?

jessicat

Reaction score
HELP!! I am looking for a DESIGNER tie that is the same as the Tom Ford one designed for QOS. I found this one, by Giorgio Armani, but I cant tell if is the same stitching or even the right shade--looks very similar.

http://www.forzieri.com/usa/product_...search=1#image

On FORZIERI.com it is the Giorgio Armani Dark Gray Jacquard Silk Tie

This is the most similar tie I have found to the Tom Ford one, does anyone know if this is the same stitching and color as the QOS tie?

THANKS!!

Sanguis Mortuum

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jessicat
HELP!! I am looking for a DESIGNER tie that is the same as the Tom Ford one designed for QOS. I found this one, by Giorgio Armani, but I cant tell if is the same stitching or even the right shade--looks very similar.

http://www.forzieri.com/usa/product_...search=1#image

On FORZIERI.com it is the Giorgio Armani Dark Gray Jacquard Silk Tie

This is the most similar tie I have found to the Tom Ford one, does anyone know if this is the same stitching and color as the QOS tie?

THANKS!!

Looks absolutely nothing like it.

spectre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mikej77
So what does this have to do with the discussion about the tie?

+1 (plus what you say is total crap. Roger Moore? Pierce Brosnan? - may as well read a comic book)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads