• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bologna trip in June

chobochobo

Rubber Chicken
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Yup, another thread asking for suggestions for things to do in Bologna.

I've been once before a few years ago during a roadtrip around Emilio-Romagna. So I've done the towers, statue of Neptune, the anatomy room.

This time I'm attending a couple of conferences - one in Stresa and then after that finishes I have a day and a half before the next one in Bologna begins. I have booked dinners for myself and a couple of friends at All'Osteria Bottega and Trattorio Via Serra. Others that I'm considering are Osteria Broccaindosso, Osteria al 15, Papagallo, Osteria dei Poeti, Caminetto d'Oro, Anna Mario, Da Nello, Osteria Dell'Orsa, Osteria Gianni, Twinside and Drogheria Della Rossa.

I notice that there is a shoemakers Calzoleria di Max & Gio. Anyone any experience with these people please?

Any other suggestions please? Cheers

circumspice

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
https://www.italiandays.it/tour-item/italian-days-food-experience-bologna-day-tour/

That is the best food tour I have done anywhere. Don't book dinner on the night you do it - the lunch meal will break you. You might be game for a coffee and gelato during passeggiata, but not a real meal.

I think Enzo Bonafe is near Bologna - I don't know if they have a factory shop.

Ravenna is accessible by regional rail from Bologna, and is a good day trip if you haven't been.

Did you visit De Paz? http://www.theweejun.com/de-paz-one-great-stores-world/

chobochobo

Rubber Chicken
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Cheers, Italian Days was on list of stuff to do.

Great suggestions. I'm by myself so probably won't travel to Ravenna, saving it for the next trip with the family.

chobochobo

Rubber Chicken
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
That's one I didn't try. I had San Pelligrino, Gianni and Stefino. They were all good, though the last one was possibly the best. The gelateria seems to have a Sicilian leaning offering granite and gelato con brioche.

I had coffee at Terzi about six times.

Foodwise, All'Osteria Bottega and Caminetto D'oro were the best. Oltre was a bit fancy, Drogheria della Rosa, and Broccaindiso were good too. More seafood orientated places like Piazzetta, corte dei ghiottoni and Pignatta were also good. The fresh pasta at Naldi and Rina were also good lunchtime choices. I probably ordered the wrong thing at Da Nello (fritto misto that was meat instead of seafood) and it was my most disappointing meal.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads