• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bohemia - NY

earthdragon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have any New Yorkers heard of this place?
Japanese 'Private Dining concept with a Secret 'handshake' referral only entrance, via a Butchers shop at the front.
Recommended by a friend in Japan. Heading up this weekend and don't want to waste a meal if it's average.

changy

Reaction score
I've heard of it. You can also gain entry by writing a little blurb about yourself. Since I don't know people and I don't feel like applying to eat at a restaurant, I'll pass. Eating should not be this hard.

GiltEdge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bohemia? Nothing but call centers and holiday in expresses there

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
There are at least half a dozen places like this, we call it "secret sushi". The novelty is in the secret, and then IMO it ends there. Go to places like 15 East instead.

ClambakeSkate

Reaction score
Is this just a way for places to forgo acquiring all of the necessary permits and licenses required to operate a restaurant?

I know a few people who are hosting "supper clubs" where they basically charge people to eat their home cooked meals.

GiltEdge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ClambakeSkate
Is this just a way for places to forgo acquiring all of the necessary permits and licenses required to operate a restaurant?

I know a few people who are hosting "supper clubs" where they basically charge people to eat their home cooked meals.

hipster tightwads

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite style of coat for winter? Choose up to 3

• Peacoat

• Great coat

• Trench

• Mac

• Chesterfield

• Duffle coat

• Topcoat

• Shearling

• Balmacaan