1. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Bogner raincoat/overcoat with mink lining

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by kabert, Aug 6, 2004.

1. kabert

kabert Distinguished Member

I'm sort of tempted by this. On the outside, a great Bogner jacket/overcoat. On the inside, full-length mink lining. A bit over the top - - I certainly wouldn't want to show it off to work colleagues. But pretty cool in my book. Sort of like having colorful real silk lining in a bespoke jacket. (I see the coat was made by Bogner in "Western Germany" so it's obviously at least, what, 15 years old. Still, I've got a Bogner ski jacket that's over 40 years old and still looks good as new -- they're built incredibly well. Like Filson for ski wear.) http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/ebayISAPI.dll...tem=4151562007 What do you think of it? Hideous?

2. TomW

TomW Senior Member

As you say, a bit over the top. But all the more attractive for it. If I lived somewhere colder, I'd buy it. I have a mink lined ski jacket I bought in Denver 15 years ago - and it was at least 5-10 years old then - and it still looks great.

3. bengal-stripe

bengal-stripe Distinguished Member Dubiously Honored

There is a long tradition in Bavaria/Austria to make Lodencoats with detachable fur-liners. The traditional fur used is called " May Hamster" (no idea whether this is a botanical species or just a name).

I remember a few years back, the manufacturer Schneiders from Salzburg advertised a Lodencoat made from cashmere with mink lining.