• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Boglioli sizing inquiry (size up required?)

JTA

Reaction score
Greetings,

I normally wear size 36 (EU46) in slim brands that normally give 2-3 inch chest allowance on the coat (generally their EU46 have 18.5-19.5 inch armpits) like Z Zegna, Jil Sander and RLBL; yet in-between size EU44 and EU46 on brands (as Corneliani, Borrelli, Canali, Pal Zileri and Zegna to name a few) that give ample chest allowance (their EU46 gives 3-4 inch extra or 19.5-20 inch armpits hence I normally go down to EU44).... even Hugo Boss EU44 is sometimes too big on me.

Had done some research and the general consensus suggests to size up on Boglioli therefore your view and thought would be much appreciated if you have a first hand experience with the piece(s). What size shall I go for Boglioli (K line and/or Sartoria line especially) if my actual chest size is 35.5-36 inch?

Thank you in advance.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I size up in boglioli but also in rlbl. So mebbe you are 46?

acecow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a Boglioli cotton suit seen here:

http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/1912/19669582.jpg

I'm borderline 36/38 for most brands. This suit was a 38, yet it was too large in the shoulders, in the collar and across the waist. I had to alter it significantly. My advice: don't size up.

calisanfran

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think Boglioli sizing can vary a bit. I have coats from them in 40 & 42 (I am usually 40). The sizing of the coats span the spectrum: 1) 40 fits fine 2) 40 fits tight 3) 42 fits fine 4) 42 is too big
ffffuuuu.gif

JTA

Reaction score
Thank you all, appreciate that. I'm torn now between getting 44 or 46.

Are there any correlations between sizing vs winter/summer seasons; sizing vs the line (Coat, K., Sartoria); and/or sizing vs the piece (jacket piece or suit)?

Chargersfan

Reaction score
I am going to bump because I am trying to find out what the pants drop is on Boglioli? 6, 7, 8?

Can anyone share? Thanks

elippsis

Reaction score
I wouldn't size up, and if I recall, I didn't alter my pants, which means I remember them being drop 6.

Verrihappy

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I need to size up from 52 to 54 for Boglioli, as they are damn slim and tight trousers.

Chargersfan

Reaction score
Well, that clears things up...lol
facepalm.gif

acecow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Chargersfan
I am going to bump because I am trying to find out what the pants drop is on Boglioli? 6, 7, 8?

Can anyone share? Thanks

Drop 6 that feels more like a 7 in my suit.

uhurit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Slim true to size across the board

aldenfan

Reaction score
No experience with the trousers. I ended up with EU44 for the K jacket and true, Boglioli is softly constructed and has a high armhole.
Did it really fit true to size? And do you base your sizing off EU sizing? I am trying to figure out what I should take for a K-jacket. I am a 48L in US sizing. Considering a 60L ITA sizing, but I"m not sure.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads