• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Boglioli Jacket authenticity??

kevin9419

Reaction score
Hello,
I have a Boglioli jacket and want to verify its authenticity. Are there anyone who can help me If I post the picture here?
Thanks a lot!

Icehawk

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kevin9419
Hello,
I have a Boglioli jacket and want to verify its authenticity. Are there anyone who can help me If I post the picture here?
Thanks a lot!

I'm pretty sure someone here can - but I can't imagine a brand 99.99% of people outside the forum have never heard of being faked. Far more likely with "designer" brands like Polo or Gucci.

HHD

Reaction score
I'll try, but I agree that it's not likely to be a target for fakers. Boglioli is something of an insider's brand.

There are a couple of legitimate companies who copy Boglioli's style fairly closely. Also Boglioli makes jackets for in-house collections by other stores including Arthur & Fox in Paris.

awall25

Reaction score
I see everyone says this isn't a brand likely to be faked, but wanted to follow up.

I received a K jacket from eBay that is a little suspect. The material and everything seems great, but the sleeves are fully unlined. Do some jackets come without lining in the sleeves? I have another K jacket and it has lined sleeves, but nowhere else on the jacket.

Additionally, the hang tag has white string instead of the red I typically see and there is no Boglioli patch on the inside.

Am I being crazy or do these things seem odd?

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Post a picture of the inner tag (with the size and composition).

kevinsvindland

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I see everyone says this isn't a brand likely to be faked, but wanted to follow up.

I received a K jacket from eBay that is a little suspect. The material and everything seems great, but the sleeves are fully unlined. Do some jackets come without lining in the sleeves? I have another K jacket and it has lined sleeves, but nowhere else on the jacket.

Additionally, the hang tag has white string instead of the red I typically see and there is no Boglioli patch on the inside.

Am I being crazy or do these things seem odd?

Details like tags, labels etc vary a bit. And newer Boglioli does not look as good as it did before the brand was sold.
What I've seen of newer labels and branding looks alot poorer than they used to.
The K Jacket used to be the model assosiated with materials of higher quality, like wool/silk blends and cashmere.

I don't think there are alot of fake Boglioli out there.
But the brand has been struggling financially for many years. Which probably made them put out some poorer quality products that might look like fakes compared to the older stuff.

awall25

Reaction score
Photos of the tags, sleeves, and jacket

2C95C006-48D0-4C59-A7E7-C3CF1BEC3756.jpeg

34605119-2F01-4AE7-A5B5-485C1A597FFD.jpeg

F83277D6-8F37-4AF8-8E88-D2C058A1A5C3.jpeg

85BC5EEA-4861-4592-9560-20BA4E71B440.jpeg

701A65C7-B607-4FFB-9528-625A23093A02.jpeg

Jaackytung

Reaction score
Makes sense to me that an unstructured jacket wouldn’t have a sleeve lining. LBM does some cotton jackets like that as well where the whole piece is unconstructed

Shen

Reaction score
I've handled a few jackets from Boglioli with unlined sleeves, it looks authentic

awall25

Reaction score
Thanks everyone!

I was just a little sketched out by the unlined sleeves as I have another K jacket that's very very similar in construction but has lined sleeves. So, that combined with the missing chest patch just made me feel a bit odd.

I really appreciate everyone taking a look!

Andy_00

Reaction score
I found this ‘Barberini’ jacket today in a local discount shop, marked down to £50. Would I be right in thinking it is made by Boglioli given the label?

Some of the details also indicated this - e.g unstructured, 3r2, barchetta pocket, MoP buttons, working cuffs, etc. Also, as luck would have it, seems to be a long fitting. It was always the short length and high button stance which had put me off Boglioli in the past and I had never seen a ‘long’ (not that it’s very long in actuality though, just 30" from base of collar to hem).

6E235B95-CD2B-4C4C-887C-701FEC4BFC83.jpeg
6C17BF33-CAD7-4FCC-BCD9-3492A00491E2.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads