1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Boggi

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by chorse123, Oct 24, 2006.

1. lambert

lambert Member

I don't know anything about the quality of their suits. I saw them in Siena and they were nice. I think their shirts are a (very) good deal
    However, I've heard they have outsourced some of their production outside of Italy (and outside of Europe)

2. chorse123

chorse123 Senior member

Hello from Roma. I am still here. Went to Boggi yesterday. Very nicely designed classic stuff but not as cheap as I had hoped. Tuxedo, or 'Smoking' was 500 euros and the quality was not very good. Suits about the same. Shirts were pretty cheap. Ties were 30 to 40 euros and quite nice. May stop back for one or two. I did get a suede belt, but that will probably be it. Their trousers are the real deal. I saw some made by Incotex (cotton, $150) and Mabitex (wool, around $160). If I was not already loaded for trousers I would have bought a few.

Davide Cenci is gorgeous, but the one thing I really wanted was a Marinella woven cashmere tie at 105 euros. Yikes. Left empty handed but may go back.

Went to Eredi Pisano tonight on the way to dinner and they had some suits for the same price as Boggi. I may be picking up a light grey with brown stripe and brown suede elbow patches tomorrow. A little ridiculous, but very nice for the price.

[​IMG]

3. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

this is one of the stores I'm really looking forward to checking out when I'm in Rome come Xmas time

It's rather small, but I loved it. You should be able to find stuff in your size. And yeah, the current exchange rate sucks.

Jon.

4. whnay.

whnay. Senior member Dubiously Honored

Glad to see your enjoying Rome. Make sure, if you haven't already, to stop by Santoni.

5. C&A

C&A Senior member

Their new online shop is up and running since a few days. World wide shipping. Rather limited selection of products though.

http://shop.boggi.com/

6. maomao1980

maomao1980 Senior member Dubiously Honored

Their new online shop is now up and running since a few days. World wide shipping. Rather limited selection of products though.

http://shop.boggi.com/

Is she wearing a collar/lapel less jacket? Sort of like a cardigan:

7. mishon

mishon Senior member

Is she wearing a collar/lapel less jacket? Sort of like a cardigan:

No clue, but she is hot![​IMG]

8. chorse123

chorse123 Senior member

No clue, but she is hot![​IMG]

The shop in Rome had some lovely looking staff... [​IMG]

9. mafoofan

mafoofan Senior member Dubiously Honored

Well, the online selection is absolutely snooze-worthy.

10. NorCal_1

NorCal_1 Senior member

they are rumored to be opening a store in NYC sometime soon, so maybe the Italian forum members can ask for us and see what they've heard

p.s. very slim fitting trousers on the pairs they do have for sale (see ankles)

[​IMG]

11. trickers1829

trickers1829 Active Member

Any new experiences with Boggi? Do they use MOP buttons on their shirts? How is the cut? Do they use darts in the back?

12. Sebastian

Sebastian Senior member

Have a look at their shoes!

Retail for about 180 Euro, Blake stiched and very good value for the money IMHO.
    I bought a pair of midnight blue suede double monks in their store in Verona. 118 € on sale.

The jackets are nice. Not too slim but with a modern cut. Still, the relative shortness broke the deal for me. They seem to have more than one line. Most of the stuff is fused, but I have seen some suits retailing for 870 € which were fully canvassed.

I had no closer look at their shirts. Collars and everything were nice, but I doubt they use MOP buttons.

All in all you get good value for the money, but you must not expect high end stuff.

13. Trompe le Monde

Trompe le Monde Senior member

Any new experiences with Boggi? Do they use MOP buttons on their shirts? How is the cut? Do they use darts in the back?

yes
    no
    i like it... ?
    no

14. Stavros

Stavros Senior member

I recently got a cheap (120 euros, on sale) Boggi cotton sport coat from a dept store in Athens. Sure, quality is not top-notch (fused), but the cut and the fabric are both really nice for the price. Would probably go back for trousers. Was not impressed by their shirts.

15. KayJay85

KayJay85 Senior member

I own 3 pairs of Boggi wool trousers and find them excellent value for money at 95GBP each on sale. As noted earlier, they have a slim, slightly tapered leg which I was searching high and low for. The wool has a very nice "heft" to it and drapes well.

Never tried their shirts or suits.

They have outlets in London at Jermyn St and Kings Road

16. ville_e

ville_e Senior member

I have a few shirts from Boggi and they are of good quality. Have lasted me for many years now. I have also bought some amazing sports jackets from them!! I'd warmly recommend them if you are in Italy. They are good value for money. I have noticed that a few Boggi shops have opened up in London and elsewhere. For example, on Jermyn Street in London. [​IMG]

17. JammieDodger

JammieDodger Senior member

I bought four pairs of formal trousers for work.

Yeah, they're not great quality, stitching on one belt loop has come undone and the buckle tab as well on another pair.

To compare, a Hackett pair which cost 40 more have had no such problems and I prefer the fabric.

18. literasyme

literasyme Senior member

Hackett's a pretty good comp, I think. I tried on a bunch of Boggi coats in London and in Rome recently, and wasn't too impressed -- fabrics looked OK, but the cut was just too short in the body (and they don't produce Ls, so if your arms are slightly longer than the norm, you're out of luck). Also wasn't impressed with the construction; all fused, and not the lightest kind of fusing either. I'd say their stuff is OK if you can get it on sale and if you're the right body type, but all in all, it struck me as fairly mediocre.

19. trickers1829

trickers1829 Active Member

Thank you for the information so far. Any additional thoughts on their merino knitwear?

20. FidelCashflow

FidelCashflow Senior member

I had a chance to visit their store in London that just opened up last year. Seems like pretty good quality stuff for the price. Very classical... but italian fit, not american. Italian Brooks Brothers is a pretty apt analogy.