1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Boggi Milano made in Italy?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by macaroni, Oct 13, 2009.

1. Jmm722

Jmm722 Senior member

You explicitly said it'd take 25 years on a rocket to reach your social status. Your writing exudes arrogance and illiteracy, that's it.

2. Dorsoduro

Dorsoduro Member

Social status does not equate to wealth. That was in response to a gentleman who referred to the posts as cat fights and addressed us as girls.
    You sir do not come across as civilized or an educated individual.
    Although I do not consider myself wealthy I certainly have no issue with those who are. It's the envious lazy set who envy those who work hard to provide a good life for themselves and their family whom I find pathetic and undesirable.
    This forum is nothing more than an aberration and entertainment for me to de-stress.
    There are many people here apparently with various complexes and psychological issues looking for a venue through which to vent. You certainly fall in that category.
    Best of luck to you.

3. Jmm722

Jmm722 Senior member

I'm glad you know so much about my education and psychology. Hopefully the forum will cleanse itself of you. You offer no help and only rude or judgmental comments in all your replies.

4. MikeDT

MikeDT Senior member

[​IMG]

:lurk:

FWIW I've never actually heard of this brand, and certainly never seen them in China.

Last edited: May 14, 2015
  5. Dorsoduro

Dorsoduro Member

Have a good life. I will survive without this forum.

6. Meurice

Meurice Well-Known Member

Dont forget colon cleansing, Si"r"

7. EliodA

EliodA Senior member

8. Meurice

You need to get a life, "Sir" although an Appa Clas one

9. Meurice

Tell me, as you are obviously a upmarket upscale high-class upperclass individul: do you drink Champoinge for breakfast?

10. Dorsoduro

Dorsoduro Member

I will allow you to conduct the colon cleansing manually on prisoners in dire need of such service

11. Dorsoduro

Dorsoduro Member

12. MikeDT

MikeDT Senior member

Designed by Boggi in Milan. Assembled in China. :D

"Please do not pull these feathers out." Reminds me of a down parka I bought in Dalian for 400 yuan, The thing was constantly leaking feathers through the fabric, and was rather embarrassing with the mess it made, like Sesame Street's Big Bird during moulting season. :D :nodding:

Last edited: May 18, 2015
  13. Dorsoduro

Dorsoduro Member

This one is Made in China and sadly has the same problem

14. MikeDT

MikeDT Senior member

I remember this parka well, because at the time I was working in a place that had dark ceramic floors, the heating was on the blink and so was wearing it all the time. Could follow this trail of white chicken feathers from everywhere I'd been. :slayer: Threw it away in the end.

FWIW I know other people who have Chinese made down filled garments, and usually don't have the same problems AFAIK. Don't generally buy them myself.

Last edited: May 18, 2015
  15. Dorsoduro

Dorsoduro Member

Yes well they're relatively inexpensive so it's to be expected. They do need to improve the casing so feathers don't come out :)

16. Dorsoduro

Dorsoduro Member

New Boggi Paris store on Blvd des Italiens is second biggest next to San Babila in Milan / Fall collection is beautiful suits max out at €990
    Beautiful styles and cuts but for Boggi quality level only should be bought on sale and never full price. [​IMG][/IMG][/IMG][/IMG]

17. EUtroll

EUtroll Senior member

I find their shirt to be of decent value, but agree as to suits. On the other hand, they tend to have some nice and unusual colors for their sport coats.

1 person likes this.
  18. joboggi

joboggi New Member

There is Boggi Milano, and then there is BM 39. 39 represents the year that Boggi Milano was started. The original owners sold about a decade ago, and the new owners came out with a less expensive line. The less expensive line is BM 39. From what I can tell the original line is maintained.

When I was in training in the 80s Pennsylvania, someone told me that Boggi was Gucci in Milan. I had no idea what she was talking about, and I thought she was kidding. Some time ago I learned about the Italians named Boggi in Milan.

JOB

Last edited: Jul 5, 2016