• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bodylastics??

Flambeur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
LOL.

Hell. No.

Although it would obviously be beneficial to somebody who does NO exercising whatsoever.

Otherwise, a pair or two of dumbells would do you better.

Taxler

Reaction score
I take resistance bands with me when I travel. You can get a decent workout, but it's not a substitute for weight. I think they're most useful when incorporated into cardio activity.

visionology

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I actually have one of their sets and use it on the p90x workout. I also have a set of free weights that I use for certain excercises. Is beneficial to me and I'm in good shape.

IMO they are the best bands you can get. Most of the other brands are just a single band that are a single weight so you are locked into it. These can be combined so you can add a 25lb + 10lb etc. When you max out (which is unlikely) you can purchase more and add them. They have a different feel than weights however in certain excercises I prefer them.

Free weights cost too much and take up too much room to me. These I can use the door attachment, quickly add or remove bands and do ab excercises, pull downs, back excercises, etc. I def got my money's worth.

Zues

Reaction score
Yea i got my pair a little bit ago.. I think its nice and I have gotten stronger from it.. They give good exercises ESPECIALLY FOR TRICEPS!!.. But some exercises are better w/ weights and machines.. WHAT are your favorite exercises with this system? Mine are def. the tricep overhead pull and the bicep curls..

Jumbie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They could also be useful for traveling.

visionology

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Zues
Yea i got my pair a little bit ago.. I think its nice and I have gotten stronger from it.. They give good exercises ESPECIALLY FOR TRICEPS!!.. But some exercises are better w/ weights and machines.. WHAT are your favorite exercises with this system? Mine are def. the tricep overhead pull and the bicep curls..
Triceps are def great with the system! I use the door attachment and do a bent over tricep extension. My body is bent with one leg forward, arms perpendicular to the body and pull back to parallel. I also do this with the p90x where they do a flip grip on the way back. I've seen a big improvement. I've also used them to simulate a pullup until I can get a pullup bar or system installed. My current house doesn't support them with the doorways.

bbaquiran

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have these but I only use them for specific back exercises and sport-specific movements. Otherwise, I prefer dumbells.

I agree they are quite well made.

Flambeur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Zues
yea! I do the same thing. My triceps got stronger quick! Except I suck at PULLUPS! For now i just use my basketball rim (Until it breaks), but I CANT' DO ONE! haha.. embarassing

dude... wtf?

crazyquik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have used powerlifter-type bands (and highly recommend them for people looking for explosive strength), but never these types.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads