• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: Cuir de Russie card case from Equus Leather

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 8th auction is for a Cuir de Russie card case from Equus Leather. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Body Piercing: Out of Style?

otterhound

Reaction score
I'm seeing fewer pierced folks running around these days. Has it gone out of fashion?

whoopee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had this thought once and started to do some research. After learning about more pierced genitalia than I ever want to think about, I would say, not really. The tide seems to have shifted towards less conspicuous piercings.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
In montreal I seem to see more and more people with weird piercings. I personally find it disgusting. I never used to see this stuff a couple years ago. The worst are those metal rings that people stick in their ears that hold open a hole the size of a dime. Wtf are they thinking?

whoopee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those have been around for a while. I agree, very disgusting.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by imageWIS
Wait till they have internal body part piercings.... "dude, I pierced my spleen!"

Jon.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by VersaceMan
It seems that more of the girls I hook up with these days have nipple rings or C-rings, as compared to the girls 2-3 years ago.

Agreed.

CoryB

Reaction score
I don't think it is "out", but I find it disgusting anyway. I recently heard a statistic that 1/3 of Americans under 35 (or maybe it was 45, I can't find the article) have a tattoo. I suspect piercing statistics are not particularily far behind that of tattoos.

Additionally, I think it still carries a "punk" or "badass" connotation, unless the piercing is the ears, and that is don't an image I'd like to protray, at least not will something that was far more permanent than a piece of clothing.

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It seems that more of the girls I hook up with these days have nipple rings or C-rings, as compared to the girls 2-3 years ago.

Both of those are ok (granted, they have to take that shit when they get married and have children), its other things that I really can't stand: lip piercings, any major ear modification (like the aforementioned stretching of the ears), any piercing of any part of the forehead / eyelid, piercing behind the neck, etc...

Jon.

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CoryB
I don't think it is "out", but I find it disgusting anyway. I recently heard a statistic that 1/3 of Americans under 35 (or maybe it was 45, I can't find the article) have a tattoo. I suspect piercing statistics are not particularily far behind that of tattoos. Additionally, I think it still carries a "punk" or "badass" connotation, unless the piercing is the ears, and that is don't an image I'd like to protray, at least not will something that was far more permanent than a piece of clothing.
I think that’s more retarded than piercings, which with a good plastic surgeon can at least be relatively well removed. Whereas removed tattoos are never really removed…the outline is still there. Criticize me all you want for spending $300 on sneakers…at least at the end of the day I can take the sneakers off, I can’t say the same about a tattoo. Jon. Plus, the conation involved with tattoos (pirates, the mark of Cain, concentration camps) is in my mind, horrific.

otterhound

Reaction score
Originally Posted by otterhound
I'm seeing fewer pierced folks running around these days. Has it gone out of fashion?
Huh. I guess I'm just not getting out much.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Scared to death of those people, with the piercings and the tats.

Unless I'm at a 5-K race. Then I know the tattooed, pierced people are generally triathletes and I can count on dropping them at the start and not seeing them again.

mattjames

Reaction score
Never in as far as I'm concerned.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I suppose by the time you get them naked you deal with it but I generally find it a complete turn-off. Thankfully I haven't encountered any yet.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 30 3.6%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 143 17.2%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 275 33.1%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 130 15.6%
  • 31 - 40