1. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Body Piercing: Out of Style?

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by otterhound, Aug 28, 2006.

1. otterhound

otterhound Senior Member

I'm seeing fewer pierced folks running around these days. Has it gone out of fashion?

2. whoopee

whoopee Distinguished Member

I had this thought once and started to do some research. After learning about more pierced genitalia than I ever want to think about, I would say, not really. The tide seems to have shifted towards less conspicuous piercings.

3. GQgeek

GQgeek Stylish Dinosaur

In montreal I seem to see more and more people with weird piercings. I personally find it disgusting. I never used to see this stuff a couple years ago. The worst are those metal rings that people stick in their ears that hold open a hole the size of a dime. Wtf are they thinking?

4. whoopee

whoopee Distinguished Member

Those have been around for a while. I agree, very disgusting.

5. imageWIS

imageWIS Stylish Dinosaur

Wait till they have internal body part piercings.... "dude, I pierced my spleen!"

Jon.

6. GQgeek

GQgeek Stylish Dinosaur

Wait till they have internal body part piercings.... "dude, I pierced my spleen!"

Jon.

[​IMG]

7. VMan

VMan Distinguished Member

It seems that more of the girls I hook up with these days have nipple rings or C-rings, as compared to the girls 2-3 years ago.

8. Fuuma

Fuuma Franchouillard Modasse

It seems that more of the girls I hook up with these days have nipple rings or C-rings, as compared to the girls 2-3 years ago.

Agreed.

9. CoryB

CoryB Senior Member

I don't think it is "out", but I find it disgusting anyway. I recently heard a statistic that 1/3 of Americans under 35 (or maybe it was 45, I can't find the article) have a tattoo. I suspect piercing statistics are not particularily far behind that of tattoos.

Additionally, I think it still carries a "punk" or "badass" connotation, unless the piercing is the ears, and that is don't an image I'd like to protray, at least not will something that was far more permanent than a piece of clothing.

10. imageWIS

Both of those are ok (granted, they have to take that shit when they get married and have children), its other things that I really can't stand: lip piercings, any major ear modification (like the aforementioned stretching of the ears), any piercing of any part of the forehead / eyelid, piercing behind the neck, etc...

Jon.

11. imageWIS

I don't think it is "out", but I find it disgusting anyway. I recently heard a statistic that 1/3 of Americans under 35 (or maybe it was 45, I can't find the article) have a tattoo. I suspect piercing statistics are not particularily far behind that of tattoos. Additionally, I think it still carries a "punk" or "badass" connotation, unless the piercing is the ears, and that is don't an image I'd like to protray, at least not will something that was far more permanent than a piece of clothing.
    I think that’s more retarded than piercings, which with a good plastic surgeon can at least be relatively well removed. Whereas removed tattoos are never really removed…the outline is still there. Criticize me all you want for spending $300 on sneakers…at least at the end of the day I can take the sneakers off, I can’t say the same about a tattoo. Jon. Plus, the conation involved with tattoos (pirates, the mark of Cain, concentration camps) is in my mind, horrific.

12. otterhound

otterhound Senior Member

I'm seeing fewer pierced folks running around these days. Has it gone out of fashion?
    Huh. I guess I'm just not getting out much.[​IMG]

13. Thomas

Thomas Stylish Dinosaur

Scared to death of those people, with the piercings and the tats.

Unless I'm at a 5-K race. Then I know the tattooed, pierced people are generally triathletes and I can count on dropping them at the start and not seeing them again. [​IMG]

14. mattjames

mattjames Senior Member

Never in as far as I'm concerned.

15. GQgeek

GQgeek Stylish Dinosaur

I suppose by the time you get them naked you deal with it but I generally find it a complete turn-off. Thankfully I haven't encountered any yet.