Bodileys of Northampton -- Experiences?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Sixth_Sense, Feb 13, 2010.

1. aj_del

aj_del Senior member

My third C&J is on its way from Bodiley's. All 3 times I have dealt with Sarah Dudley. Very pleasant experience.

2. DrZRM

DrZRM Senior member

If they are not "supposed" to, and they are doing you a favor, it seems like you'd not want to document their actions on a very public forum on the internet. Why don't you edit that out of your post. Seems like some information is better sent by PM.

sent my order form 7.0 days ago

3. Lowndes

Lowndes Senior member

If they are not "supposed" to, and they are doing you a favor, it seems like you'd not want to document their actions on a very public forum on the internet. Why don't you edit that out of your post. Seems like some information is better sent by PM.

+1

4. brandall10

brandall10 Senior member

FWIW, I ordered a pair of Lowndes from Pediwear early Jan. This was a factory order. Just got a shipping notice today. PLAL had them in stock but wasn't in any rush and elected to take the savings + peace of mind for returns instead.

5. hst

hst Senior member

Hi guys

I am new to this forum, and am thinking of getting a pair of C&J from either PLAL or Bodileys. Could you guys comment on the price of shoes offered and experience of dealing with these 2 merchants?

It seems to me that PLAL is a little more competitive in pricing.

Much thanks.

6. mr monty

mr monty Senior member

Hi guys

I am new to this forum, and am thinking of getting a pair of C&J from either PLAL or Bodileys. Could you guys comment on the price of shoes offered and experience of dealing with these 2 merchants?

It seems to me that PLAL is a little more competitive in pricing.

Much thanks.

Plal only sells CJs over-the-counter. Do a search for PLAL

7. gaseousclay

gaseousclay Senior member

I orderd a pair of the C&J Hallams from them not too long ago and didn't have any problems. they didn't have my size at the time so I had to wait a couple of weeks, but once they shipped it was a smooth transaction. the only downside was that my C&J's didn't fit me because I was guessing my size and couldn't try a pair on. overall Bodileys is a solid company to order from

8. the_sartorialist

the_sartorialist Senior member

Just out of interest, is there a significant advantage purchasing from Bodileys rather than say, Pediwear or Plal? I thought Plal and Pediwear prices were always lower?

9. IBJanky

IBJanky Senior member

Just out of interest, is there a significant advantage purchasing from Bodileys rather than say, Pediwear or Plal? I thought Plal and Pediwear prices were always lower?

Sometimes Bodileys is cheaper, sometimes Pediwear is cheaper.

Just check both sites before ordering.

I have ordered 2 pairs of C&Js from Bodileys before. They took a month to get to me in California, but otherwise, perfect transaction.

myke

10. Sixth_Sense

Sixth_Sense Senior member

I had a great experience with Bodiley's.

Received my C&J Lowndes within one week -- I live in NYC.

11. Bounder

Bounder Senior member

Bodileys' customer service is, in my experience, nothing short of amazing. When you have a problem with an order, most companies seem to view it as an annoyance that should be dealt with using as little effort as possible. Sarah, who seems to handle most Bodileys' customer service, views a problem with an order as an opportunity to make Bodileys a better company. Here is an experience that I had with them.

http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=108456

I cannot recommend Bodileys and Sarah highly enough. This is kind of heresy on SF but even if Pediwear is slightly cheaper, it is well-worth dealing with Bodileys just for their service and helpful attitude.

12. Walter4

Walter4 Well-Known Member

I have nothing but praise for Pediwear. Great prices, and excellent communications on a number of sales. Couldn't recommend them enough. I'm actually anxiously awaiting delivery on a few pairs of handgrades now which I was told will ship out tomorrow.

13. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

2 questions :

For those in the USA, did you have to pay any import taxes when they came from Bodileys?

Also, are there every any sales/discount codes? Been eyeballing something in my cart for a bit now, waiting for a drop.

14. Bounder

Bounder Senior member

2 questions : For those in the USA, did you have to pay any import taxes when they came from Bodileys? Also, are there every any sales/discount codes? Been eyeballing something in my cart for a bit now, waiting for a drop.
    Bodileys ships by Royal Mail so you won't get hit with a "customs clearing fee." I have never had to pay any import duties when Bodileys has sent me shoes in the US, either. AFAIK, Bodileys never has coupons or discount codes. Once or twice a year I get an e-mail from them with markdowns on some shoes they are trying to clear out. They often have some nice shoes in this but usually in sizes that wouldn't fit me. But Bodileys has quite good prices anyway, especially with current GBP/USD exchange rates. Bodileys ex-VAT prices include shipping to the US, which is quite a savings. The point is that C&J prices from Bodileys are already in the SF-approved discount range. If it were me, I wouldn't wait as you could wait six months for a "sale" and not find what you wanted. It is no exageration to say that you can have Bodileys deliver C&J shoes to your door in the US for cheaper than you could buy them in London.

15. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Bodileys ships by Royal Mail so you won't get hit with a "customs clearing fee." I have never had to pay any import duties when Bodileys has sent me shoes in the US, either.

AFAIK, Bodileys never has coupons or discount codes. Once or twice a year I get an e-mail from them with markdowns on some shoes they are trying to clear out. They often have some nice shoes in this but usually in sizes that wouldn't fit me.

But Bodileys has quite good prices anyway, especially with current GBP/USD exchange rates. Bodileys ex-VAT prices include shipping to the US, which is quite a savings. The point is that C&J prices from Bodileys are already in the SF-approved discount range. If it were me, I wouldn't wait as you could wait six months for a "sale" and not find what you wanted. It is no exageration to say that you can have Bodileys deliver C&J shoes to your door in the US for cheaper than you could buy them in London.

Exactly what I was looking for. Many thanks for your detailed reply.