• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Boardwalk Empire

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Actually, since Michael Shannon is one of my favorite actors now that I've seen Take Shelter, I may fight through Boardwalk just to see him.

grundletaint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Actually, since Michael Shannon is one of my favorite actors now that I've seen Take Shelter, I may fight through Boardwalk just to see him.

It's not a bad show. It's just not a great show. For me it's one of those situations where I watch it when I realized it aired but I'm not chomping at the bit for the next episode, sort of like Treme.

I think it's worth watching since it's really well produced and stays pretty even keel so there isn't a severe drop in quality at any point.

Stugotes

Reaction score
It's not the best show ever, but the visual quality alone makes it worth watching in my opinion.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thoughts on last episode? I thought it was fantastic and find Ben Seagall to be an amusing character. May try to rewatch some of the scenes again

ANIKETOS

Reaction score
Just finished it..don't want to comment just yet about what happened but damn this show is very good at casting.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought last night's episode was one of the better episodes of the season.

Willie5566

Reaction score
Not a fan. Growing more and more frustrated with it each episode. I do like Seagell. The flashbacks are nauseating. Almost wish they would have done the back story the first season and set up the character like most shows do. It's disjointed the way they are doing it.

I will add more lately to give others a chance to watch the show. I will say I think they are just going to kill everyone. Hell the show is over. Who cares right? At least that's what it feels like.

OmniscientCause

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Not a fan. Growing more and more frustrated with it each episode. I do like Seagell. The flashbacks are nauseating. Almost wish they would have done the back story the first season and set up the character like most shows do. It's disjointed the way they are doing it.

I will add more lately to give others a chance to watch the show. I will say I think they are just going to kill everyone. Hell the show is over. Who cares right? At least that's what it feels like.

I'm interested to see what they do because there has to be a fine line between what happened in history and what happens in this show. They can only deviate so far when even the main character was based off of someone.

But if it plays out like history says it will be very anticlimactic.

The fact this season is 8 episodes instead of 12 really is making it more difficult for the writers so I'm not giving them too much grief.

OmniscientCause

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Watched the 30 min cast special last night...it was pretty cool and worth the watch to see some of the casting tapes...

Stugotes

Reaction score
So, did I get that right?

The Commodore was revealed to be a pedophile?

Stugotes

Reaction score
Oh, ok, I knew she was pretty young when he knocked her up, but I didn't remember she was just 13. That girl in the recent episode looked way younger than 13, though...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads