• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Boardwalk Empire

blazingazn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
thats it until next fall.

i was satisfied, wrapped it up as I expected and well done in regards to Richard.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Was anyone else hoping to see Margaret bleed out from the abortion in front of Nucky?

What was good was Nucky playing Arnold over the distillery. IMO, best part of the episode.

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Massaria and Rothstein are going to come looking for Thompson. Without the distillery, how does he satisfy Capone?

I dont see how this is resolution. Unless Mellon hands it back.

Was clever to see the slick talking southerner in Mellon's ear. Wonder if there is any historical truth in his involvement in liquor.

EDIT:

I actually thought it was a pretty weak finally and pretty badly executed from a storyboard perspective.

For starters, the scenes with Richard shooting were badly staged. There was a guy on the stairs, shoots misses, Richard guns him, then, on the next flight, another guy, shoots misses, Richard guns him, but he had clear view before the 1st guy went down, stuff like that.

Then, with the boy. Worthless dramatics. Why would he pretend to lay the gun? He had the shot, a much better shot, to start.

If the intention was to OD Rosetti, why aint she dead? He's twice her size.

Dont see the point in all the BS between Capone's guys and Chalkey's. Again, badly staged fights.

Capone shot out the first car, but he was right in the line of fire of the guys across the street, why wouldn't they come out from the same direction?

How did Rossetti's #2 know where to find him? This kind of crap happens all the time in the movies, drives me crazy.

Last edited:

munchausen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The real Gaston Means was a prodigious blackmailer, in addition to his other areas of expertise, so I bet he's got some dirt on Mellon.

I don't really understand why Nucky double crossed Rothstein and Masseria. Seems like he would do well to make friends now, or at least not make enemies.

Last edited:

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

The real Gaston Means was a prodigious , in addition to his other areas of expertise, so I bet he's got some dirt on Mellon.
I don't really understand why Nucky double crossed Rothstein and Masseria. Seems like he would do well to make friends now, or at least not make enemies.

Nucky had to make a statement. AR hung Nucky out to dry by not offering any help and walking out of that meeting at the Ritz. Masseria actively tried to help bring Nucky down by giving Gyp men (we learned the majority of his muscle was Masseria's this episode). That could not pass without a statement being made.

Last edited:

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Nucky had to make a statement. AR hung Nucky out to dry by not offering any help and walking out of that meeting at the Ritz. Masseria actively tried to help bring Nucky down by giving Gyp men (we learned the majority of his muscle was Masseria's this episode). That could not pass without a statement being made.

Yup. Nucky's a vengeful little ****.

OmniscientCause

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Im just upset because last week before it aired they def said only 3 episodes left...that some how translated into two.

Yea I wonder what capone got out of all of this...I agree Nucky had to make a statement to AR and Masseria but I don't see how it ends well for him. He wont get backlash from AR but I can't see Masseria taking to kindly to this unless now their main focus is heroin.

Anthony K

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Richard Harrow, the motherfucking killing machine! Last night's episode definitely made up for a lot of the BS we had to put up with all season long. The opening scene was beautiful.

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has any of season 4s storyline been leaked or released?

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

Im just upset because last week before it aired they def said only 3 episodes left...that some how translated into two.
Yea I wonder what capone got out of all of this...I agree Nucky had to make a statement to AR and Masseria but I don't see how it ends well for him. He wont get backlash from AR but I can't see Masseria taking to kindly to this unless now their main focus is heroin.

Don't forget the writers need to keep rivalries going for S4. Of course they want to set the seeds for this in this season's finale.

whiteslashasian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm going to assume that Gillian survives the OD.

I really don't care about silly **** like "how did Genino find Gyp". That kind of trivial nonsense just gums up the story telling.

Overall as a finale the episode felt weak. There wasn't much tension and Harrow gunning down a dozen or so men didn't seem likely, especially since he stood in the wide open (true he had a rifle VS their pistols) but you'd think he'd know how to use corners and obstructions...

The scene of Capone/Chalky gunning down Masareia's men in their cars was a bit of a letdown as well.

I'm curious as to Eli's role next season and how the fallout between AR and Lucky/Meyer plays out.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Isn't using a sniper rifle indoors more cumbersome than pistols? Though fun, I didn't care much for Richard's scene cause it was so implausible. Not to mention the stunt with the kid. He could've just shot the dude while standing. I think Nucky will continue to run the destillery after the Rothstein business - it'll be officially shutter as Mellon requested but it will still be operational.

OmniscientCause

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Has any of season 4s storyline been leaked or released?

Its usually around Feb/March before the first teaser is release I believe...im thinking end of the next season of shows that comes out. Which I forget what is in their winter slot for 9 o'clock now.

Don't forget the writers need to keep rivalries going for S4. Of course they want to set the seeds for this in this season's finale.

Yea I suppose, I could see it playing out Masareia thinking it was AR who double crossed him.

I'm going to assume that Gillian survives the OD.
I really don't care about silly **** like "how did Genino find Gyp". That kind of trivial nonsense just gums up the story telling.
Overall as a finale the episode felt weak. There wasn't much tension and Harrow gunning down a dozen or so men didn't seem likely, especially since he stood in the wide open (true he had a rifle VS their pistols) but you'd think he'd know how to use corners and obstructions...
The scene of Capone/Chalky gunning down Masareia's men in their cars was a bit of a letdown as well.
I'm curious as to Eli's role next season and how the fallout between AR and Lucky/Meyer plays out.

I dont think Gillian tried to make him OD, but rather just drug him so he was in a weaker state then she could kill him.

Isn't using a sniper rifle indoors more cumbersome than pistols? Though fun, I didn't care much for Richard's scene cause it was so implausible. Not to mention the stunt with the kid. He could've just shot the dude while standing. I think Nucky will continue to run the destillery after the Rothstein business - it'll be officially shutter as Mellon requested but it will still be operational.

I mean he had a shotty and a rifle of both he was very accurate with. The rifle packs more punch and he obviously was trained to use it in close quarters. Sure there was some extra drama tossed in there and the shot would have been easier had Richard shot the guy while standing rather then from the ground but richard didnt want tommy to see him kill him maybe?

munchausen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The skill shot over Tommy's head was pretty unnecessary as people have noted, but it was also a cool scene so I am not inclined to fight the premise too much. I suppose it is within reason that he was going to lay down his gun and then thought better of the idea at the last minute.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads