• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Boardwalk Empire

oneeightyseven

Almost Special
Reaction score

So who's problem is it? Nucky's? Since the butcher found the AC matchbook on the assassin, would he think he was betrayed by Jimmy or think Nucky was going after him? When I first caught the dialog I thought he meant it'd be the butchers problem, but now I'm rethinking it. How about CHalky White since a retired Nucky leaves him by his lonesome and he's a major competitor to the Butcher?

I think the butcher knows that it is Jimmy. That death-look he gave Jimmy after that annoying guy (I refuse to know his name.....that ******) was thrown is an indication of his cognizance of bad blood. It was as if Jimmy had thrown the butcher off of that balcony.

I think there's a little irony in the fact that Jimmy said it wasn't his problem, but I foresee the butcher causing a lot of problems for Jimmy. Who knows, maybe the butcher may even ally with Nucky somehow.

Philip

Reaction score
Why doesn't jimmy just pay back the money he owes? Wasn't it only five grand? His insolence really shows that he's just a little boy

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Why doesn't jimmy just pay back the money he owes? Wasn't it only five grand? His insolence really shows that he's just a little boy

I don't understand that either. If he's the new king of AC, $5g's should be nothing. Pay the man and he stops holding it over Jimmy.

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
ester was showing a little skin and I liked it.

Slopho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

ester was showing a little skin and I liked it.

She seems taller in this show than she did on Law and Order.

boogaboogabooga

Reaction score

I agree and I think it hurts the plot as it's a bit incomprehensible. He can get over his feelings and work with Luciano but he can't work with the butcher? Please. I understand the dynamic and how it's different, but it's still a little irritating.

billsayers

Reaction score

That whole poleo storyline is dragging the show down.

QFT...I generally dislike any storyline involving Margaret's kids. What is the point of Emily having polio...does anyone who watch Boardwalk care?

What is Nucky going to do with 10,000 cases of Irish Whiskey? He told everyone he is out...is he looking to create a unique space for himself by being the only supplier of Irish Whiskey? (assuming Remus supplies U.S. medicinal-use alcohol and Waxey Gordon supplies Canadian Whiskey.)

Last edited:

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

What story line? It's barely been touched on in the past two episodes. Ok, at most 10 minutes of nearly two hours of footage. Anyway, Margaret is likely to feel God is punishing her for her own sins (shacking up with Nucky). When the feds come after her she will be under significant strain. Should be an interesting last three episodes.

What is Nucky going to do with 10,000 cases of Irish Whiskey? He told everyone he is out...is he looking to create a unique space for himself by being the only supplier of Irish Whiskey? (assuming Remus supplies U.S. medicinal-use alcohol and Waxey Gordon supplies Canadian Whiskey.)

He said he was out as Treasurer not bootlegger. He'll likely front someone with the whisky - possibly Chalky. Not sure how he plans on getting the guns out or whisky in though.

Last edited:

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

+1. i also get super annoyed by the way Margaret says the word "children". don't know why, just annoys me. this storyline won't help me in that regard.

Willie5566

Reaction score
I definitely think Jimmy was referring to it being the Butchers problem. Obviously it is a problem to be dead.

She seems taller in this show than she did on Law and Order.

Yea, I was looking at her height too. :eh:

I agree and I think it hurts the plot as it's a bit incomprehensible. He can get over his feelings and work with Luciano but he can't work with the butcher? Please. I understand the dynamic and how it's different, but it's still a little irritating.

+100 Terrible writing.

Below average show this week between the butcher, polio and even Richard's constant need to be shown affection is getting old. The killing of John and the meat cleaver through the hit man's head was probably the best part.

munchausen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It seems like the show wants to have something for everybody, so they throw in all of these subplots aimed at women. But most of the stories aimed a women suck. Maybe that's because I'm a dude, I don't know. But I want to know more about the bootlegging and the political corruption and less about polio and kitchen workers going on strike.

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

It seems like the show wants to have something for everybody, so they throw in all of these subplots aimed at women. But most of the stories aimed a women suck. Maybe that's because I'm a dude, I don't know. But I want to know more about the bootlegging and the political corruption and less about polio and kitchen workers going on strike.

The strike was part of Nucky's plan to make life hard to Jimmy and the new bosses. Maybe they didn't need to show how they convinced the workers to strike, but I get the feeling that it's going to be important moving forward.

munchausen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I thought the whiskey deal was far fetched. Unless the IRA was already involved in bootlegging, which it doesn't appear they were, then you are looking at a lot of time, money and trouble to set up a smuggling operation that has to cross the entire ocean. Completely impractical when the competition is bringing it in through Canada.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads