Boardwalk Empire

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Jekyll, Aug 8, 2010.

1. oneeightyseven

oneeightyseven Almost Special

I think the butcher knows that it is Jimmy. That death-look he gave Jimmy after that annoying guy (I refuse to know his name.....that fucker) was thrown is an indication of his cognizance of bad blood. It was as if Jimmy had thrown the butcher off of that balcony.

I think there's a little irony in the fact that Jimmy said it wasn't his problem, but I foresee the butcher causing a lot of problems for Jimmy. Who knows, maybe the butcher may even ally with Nucky somehow.

2. Philip

Philip Senior member

Why doesn't jimmy just pay back the money he owes? Wasn't it only five grand? His insolence really shows that he's just a little boy

3. Texasmade

Texasmade Senior member

I don't understand that either. If he's the new king of AC, $5g's should be nothing. Pay the man and he stops holding it over Jimmy.

4. Mauro

Mauro Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Washington, DC and a few months out of the year in
    ester was showing a little skin and I liked it.

5. whiteslashasian

whiteslashasian Senior member

I rewound that a few times, just to make sure I got a good look. Not a bad broad.

6. Slopho

Slopho Senior member

She seems taller in this show than she did on Law and Order.

7. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

8. boogaboogabooga

boogaboogabooga Senior member

I agree and I think it hurts the plot as it's a bit incomprehensible. He can get over his feelings and work with Luciano but he can't work with the butcher? Please. I understand the dynamic and how it's different, but it's still a little irritating.

9. billsayers

billsayers Senior member

QFT...I generally dislike any storyline involving Margaret's kids. What is the point of Emily having polio...does anyone who watch Boardwalk care?

What is Nucky going to do with 10,000 cases of Irish Whiskey? He told everyone he is out...is he looking to create a unique space for himself by being the only supplier of Irish Whiskey? (assuming Remus supplies U.S. medicinal-use alcohol and Waxey Gordon supplies Canadian Whiskey.)

Last edited: Nov 22, 2011
  10. Joffrey

Joffrey Senior member

What story line? It's barely been touched on in the past two episodes. Ok, at most 10 minutes of nearly two hours of footage. Anyway, Margaret is likely to feel God is punishing her for her own sins (shacking up with Nucky). When the feds come after her she will be under significant strain. Should be an interesting last three episodes.

He said he was out as Treasurer not bootlegger. He'll likely front someone with the whisky - possibly Chalky. Not sure how he plans on getting the guns out or whisky in though.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2011
  11. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

+1. i also get super annoyed by the way Margaret says the word "children". don't know why, just annoys me. this storyline won't help me in that regard.

12. Willie5566

Willie5566 Senior member

I definitely think Jimmy was referring to it being the Butchers problem. Obviously it is a problem to be dead.

Yea, I was looking at her height too. :eh:

+100 Terrible writing.

Below average show this week between the butcher, polio and even Richard's constant need to be shown affection is getting old. The killing of John and the meat cleaver through the hit man's head was probably the best part.

13. munchausen

munchausen Senior member

It seems like the show wants to have something for everybody, so they throw in all of these subplots aimed at women. But most of the stories aimed a women suck. Maybe that's because I'm a dude, I don't know. But I want to know more about the bootlegging and the political corruption and less about polio and kitchen workers going on strike.

14. Gibonius

Gibonius Senior member

The strike was part of Nucky's plan to make life hard to Jimmy and the new bosses. Maybe they didn't need to show how they convinced the workers to strike, but I get the feeling that it's going to be important moving forward.

15. munchausen

munchausen Senior member

I thought the whiskey deal was far fetched. Unless the IRA was already involved in bootlegging, which it doesn't appear they were, then you are looking at a lot of time, money and trouble to set up a smuggling operation that has to cross the entire ocean. Completely impractical when the competition is bringing it in through Canada.