Boardwalk Empire

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Jekyll, Aug 8, 2010.

1. boogaboogabooga

boogaboogabooga Senior member

If someone has the element of surprise and wants to kill you, you're fucked. If someone is willing to walk right up behind a person and tap them a few times in the head, that someone will succeed 99.9% of the time in killing a person. It's a classic gang style hit because it's effective.

Also, that hit was really lazy writing on the writing staff's part.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2011

2. Piobaire

Piobaire Not left of center?

^ That could be and would not be a bad reading. Could also be a mix of both my motivation and yours.

3. Texasmade

Texasmade Senior member

I couldn't understand a word they said either other than "traitorous fuck" at the end.

4. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

Have we gotten to December 1921 in the series yet? Because if so, there was more than one movement inside the revolution which were also at odds with each other (ex: Dev vs Collins).

Last edited: Nov 10, 2011

5. Reggs

Reggs Senior member

Not only that, I couldn't understand of what Margaret's father(?) said either.

A few eps ago Owen pronounced situation as si-shi-a-shun. That amused me and I've been using it candidly since.

6. Mauro

Mauro Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Washington, DC and a few months out of the year in
    You mean Brother not father. I knew margaret was a slutty tramp, god love her.

Is it me or does anyone else find Ester attractive.

7. oneeightyseven

oneeightyseven Almost Special

I've noticed that Margaret is only a slutty tramp when her hair is down. When we were first introduced to her character, while her husband was still alive, she was very homely and either had her hair up or she would wear a hat concealing her hair. Then when she started with Nucky I noticed her hair was down in long flowing curls, but as her relationship went on with him, she reverted back to how she was when we were initially introduced to her. Then when I saw her with Owen in the room and noticed her putting her hair down again, she fell into the same romantic stage as she did when she was first with Nucky. I think that it is indicative of her mindset and or the state of her relationships.

/ENG101overanalysis

8. Joffrey

Joffrey Senior member

Margaret's pretty hot with her hair down.

Reggs, how did you think that was her father? MArgaret clearly refers to him as her brother a few times. He even mentions their mom is buried next to their father. Their last scene together she even says, "she's my sister too" (referring to the ginger obsessed with horses).

I didn't totally understand the convo b/w the irishmen either though I feel I got the gist (the dead guy betrayed lothario somewhere/somehow). This is one of those times I miss close captioning in HD (anyone know why it doesn't work with HD?)

9. Reggs

Reggs Senior member

I couldn't understand anything. The only bits I got were some of what the ginger girl said. I couldn't get anything Owen said the guy in the bar either.

Esther is mildly attractive. I really like her wit. I loved it when Van Alden stiffly said "I am a married man." then she replied "....there goes my dream."

10. whiteslashasian

whiteslashasian Senior member

It's the military style outfit and domineering attitude. She and Van Alden will fux.

I predict Van Alden turning into a Nucky like Boss character down the road with all of the downward spiraling. He will rationalize that "God wants me to govern men" or something.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2011

11. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

Oh God, is there anything you can't corrupt?

12. Reggs

Reggs Senior member

I think that's unlikely, but I would love to see it. In fact, if the plot took a twist like that, it would be my favorite. I cant get enough of his character.

13. Willie5566

Willie5566 Senior member

Average episode last night IMO. I wish Cali chick was hotter it would make the future muff diving scenes better. Eli is growing increasingly more annoying but I do think he was looking out for Jimmy's best interests. Owen was shitting himself during the conversation with Nucky. The Joker (giggly d-bag guy) finally got put in his place but I do not think the butcher liked it. I do not understand why Jimmy is trying to make enemies of him. The guy could be a valuable customer/ally in the future. I realize he does not like him holding the money he owes him over his head but sack up.

It was nice of Van Alden to give the care giver 1 Sunday off a month. :lol:

Anyone have any guesses what Nucky is planning with this meeting that Owen is setting up?

14. Slopho

Slopho Senior member

My only question with the Esther situation is that didn't they just give women the right to vote? Now she's handling this really big case?? What's next Chalky to replace Mayor Badder?

15. Joffrey

Joffrey Senior member