Boardwalk Empire

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Jekyll, Aug 8, 2010.

1. christinedaae

christinedaae Senior member

if you don't like the show something is wrong with you. I look forward to sunday nights to watch this show.

IMHO todays episodes was the best yet of both seasons.

Something is going on with Margret. She is skimming money and is being a bitch towards the maids, I can't put it together. Van Alden is on the take, Nucky is going to get off, the commodore is going to get killed, Jimmy's mom is a milf if i ever saw one and she went crazy on him at the end of the show, we finally got to figure out what really happened that day when he met her from her own mouth. The entire show she puts it together like she is strong like she is in love but that's a facade, she's hurting and always has been, and it came out today.

chalky is interesting as well, he reminds me of someone who figured out a way to make a lot of money and married "up" so to speak, and always feels inadequate because he isn't as educated as his family and feels somewhat inferior and is very sensitive about things that he shouldn't be.

Not even mentioning the Agent getting burned or we finally saw the half face man's face today. And I think jimmy's wife kinda likes him.

And now Jimmy and Nucky have a decision to make. If The commodore dies they are both screwed and they know it.

2. Slopho

Slopho Senior member

Yep. Speaking of Boredwalk Empire, when are you going to start doing all the leg work of putting together another DC meet up?

Last edited: Oct 17, 2011
  3. Gradstudent78

Gradstudent78 Senior member

No wonder Rubicon never had a chance.

4. Mauro

Mauro Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Washington, DC and a few months out of the year in
    Jimmy's Mom for sure put a whuppin on the commodore. he waited a long time for that shit.

I feel bad for Chalky. He is going to do something bad soon, for sure!

5. Joffrey

Joffrey Senior member

If you could read you'd note I'm probably one of the biggest defenders of the show. I was just trying to correct Slopho.

6. Anthony K

Anthony K Senior member

Good episode. I keep waiting for Richard to do something to Jimmy's wife. Loved seeing Lucky and Meyer getting spooked when they saw Rothstein standing over the poker table. Lots O Tittays in this episode, plus seeing Gretchen Mol's is always a win in my book. She really put the smack down on The Commodore. 20 plus years of rage kept inside finally getting unleashed.

Can't wait until next week.

7. i10casual

i10casual Senior member

What the hell is Chalky gonna do with that stick he was whittling?!! I think he is going to beat the crap out of his family.

8. munchausen

munchausen Senior member

The man just wanted some hoppin' john, not some bougie-ass roasted duck.

9. Mauro

Mauro Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Washington, DC and a few months out of the year in
    ^^ +1 the bread winner can't even get what he asked for. Chalky's family does look down at him and the shit just ain't right. I wonder why he hasn't paid for a private teacher to help him lean to read and write?

10. Joffrey

Joffrey Senior member

I want to be chalky white for halloween. Do I have to wear a vest? I don't mind scarring myself.

11. munchausen

munchausen Senior member

Cause he's too busy running shit. Honestly, not a fan of this show but I would watch a show where Chalky was the star.

12. Gradstudent78

Gradstudent78 Senior member

I was commenting on the general fact of people calling it "boredwalk empire", not on you calling it so (which I agree would be incorrect). I quoted your correction, rather than the original source because it doesn't really make sense without the correction that you made. Try not to be so sensitive.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2011
  13. munchausen

munchausen Senior member

I would be stoked to find one of these suits they wear in this show. Nucky's fits are a bit much but Chalky's and especially Jimmy's are awesome. Lucky's suits look great on him too.

14. Slopho

Slopho Senior member

+50, I was just thinking that when I read Mauro's post. I also think that Nucky telling him he needs to be a "good boy" didn't go over well either.

15. munchausen

munchausen Senior member

Yeah, the look on his face said it: he's worked too hard, done too many dangerous and/or regrettable things to get to the point where nobody calls him 'boy'. I don't think Nucky meant it that way, but I have a feeling he's going to learn to watch his words before long.