Boardwalk Empire

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Jekyll, Aug 8, 2010.

1. The Silverfox

The Silverfox Senior member

I would be very surprised if jimmy went back to being nucky's employee, but the fight over atlantic city will be between the commodore and nucky and I think jimmy will have to pick who to side with when this intensifies. He's probably strike out on his own, but he will have to declare his support for one of them. But yeah jimmy is too bad-ass to go back to being an employee, love how he killed those two guys after the cardgame.

2. Willie5566

Willie5566 Senior member

Did I mention I hate Nelson's character?????:censored:

Sure he has moments of weakness. I count 2 so far. 1. When he had the hots for Margarette and he had to flog himself. 2. When the stress go to him he had a brief moment of if you can't beat them join them mentality. He had a couple of drinks and knocked up the annoying slut. Other than that I am not seeing much of a conflict with him.

3. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

4. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

Coolest but most unrealistic scene award for this episode goes to the Richard and Owen stand-off.

5. Anthony K

Anthony K Senior member

"You're carrying a child, which is a sacred charge from the Lord, and a financial agreement between us." I don't know why, but I busted up laughing when Van Alden said that to Lucy.

Fairly good episode, I'm definitely curious as to what side Jimmy will side with. The stand-off between Richard and Owen was a great scene.

6. Joffrey

Joffrey Senior member

You speaking from experience?

7. VRaivio

VRaivio Senior member

I love this series. The scripts, the clothing, the sets, the music, the characters. Easily one of the most sublime productions out there.

Chalky being a bad motherfucker? I'm more scared of Van Alden. His God is one vengeful being.

8. SD1

SD1 Senior member

That reminded me of the Sopranos episode where Carmela basically threatened that lawyer lady to write a recommendation for Meadow to get into college.

Margaret is smart and she knows her sugar daddy is under siege. She showed that she can play the game as well as the boys.

9. SD1

SD1 Senior member

One of the most interesting lines in the new episodes was when Jimmy was meeting with Rothstein and Luciano and Lucky mentions getting into heroin. I wonder if they will expand that angle. The biggest myth about the Mafia was that they never touched drugs. The Mafia controlled the heroin trade (with the help of the Corsicans and Jewish oc figures) for decades. It wasn't until the break-up of the French Connection that the threads started to unravel.

Also like how they portrayed the first seeds of discontent between Rothstein and Luciano/Lansky.

10. Reggs

Reggs Senior member

So Margaret is Peggy Rowan? Why would she assume a different name? And why would she have her maid call Peggy Rowan?

11. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

Well, Schröder is her married name, and women with the name Margaret are sometimes called Peg / Peggy (i.e. Richard = Dick).

12. Joffrey

Joffrey Senior member

Had the maid call the family to see how they'd react. They said she died which means they basically wrote her off.

13. munchausen

munchausen Senior member

This show is a huge disappointment. I struggle to stay awake.

14. Slopho

Slopho Senior member

I was reading an issue of Entertainment Weekly and they indicated that some people are calling the show Boardwalk Empire. I can't imagine what 20something dumbass who doesn't understand character development thought that up.

15. Joffrey

Joffrey Senior member

Do you mean Boredwalk Empire?