Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Boardwalk Empire

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Jekyll, Aug 8, 2010.

1. GusW

GusW Senior member Dubiously Honored

+1

Overall a good opening. There is a lot happening with each major character. It could go in a lot of new directions. I like it.

2. hhenryhhh

hhenryhhh Senior member

Man, Michael Pitt has the dopest hair in the show.

This season is gonna be so good.

3. Anthony K

Anthony K Senior member

+1 Great first episode. The kissing of the winky scene floored me. What a weird mother-son relationship they have. I'm wondering about Harrell and the picture cutting. It's definitely going to be an interesting season.

4. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

The shot of the rattling bed frame after Nelson's raid was amusing.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2011

5. Willie5566

Willie5566 Senior member

The winky was crazy. She starts out talking about being a mom and changing his diaper and you think it is going to be all sentimental and then she says she used to kiss his winky. Still floors me.

Any thoughts on what the plan was for the KKK? It looked like they were out to kill everyone, including Chalky and if had not been for the one lady with a shot gun he would have been dead. I realize they were trying mess things up for Nucky but it seems like they still need someone to help with mixing up the alcohol and Chalky is probably the best guy for it.

Nelson's wife is the biggest prude in the history of prudes.

Lucy being pregnant is going to dramatically decrease gratuitous sex scenes.

@Anthony-yea Richard and his pictures could bring about some trouble. He needs to remember that Jimmy got him laid and find some other family to fuck up.

6. Reggs

Reggs Senior member

I loved all the scenes with Van Alden and his wife. You could see how turned on she was just from her breathing in the raid scene. My girlfriend said that Jimmy kissing his mother on the lips was creepy. I defended it by saying it was not creepy, and some families do that just out of affection. THEN the little winky line was spoken.

Half-face's full face:

[​IMG]

7. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

they tried to trick you when Harrow was leering at Angela too, but it wasn't that he was turned on by angela, its just that he badly wants a family (wife and kids).

remember he was smitten with Margarete and her kids too when he was assigned to protect them. now that he's become part of the families and familiarized (where the kids of his friends are used to/no longer afraid of his face) it almost makes it worse because of the close proximity only magnifying his yearning for a regular family (wife/kids/stability).

its such a sad character. cutting out those imaginary family pictures and pasting them in a regular book - classic HBO drama trick (making us like/love/empathize with cold blooded murderers).

Last edited: Oct 2, 2011

8. christinedaae

christinedaae Senior member

the scene today where she gives him the ledger and the 20k, reviling that she went into the office and got it out for him, if that is not hte most bad ass thing ever.. how can you not like her. then basically told him look come to bed so i can put it on you.

9. christinedaae

christinedaae Senior member

Also, Margaret Schroeder started the series, a staunch supporter of prohibition, and by the 2nd episode of the 2nd season, is basically acknowledging being an accessory to fraud. The beauty of the show IMHO, is that it shows the true human nature, she did not "become evil" or "get tainted", she is simply a pragmatist. When her husband was an alcoholic and beating the crap out of her and the kids, she was against drinking. When the man who paid the bills, put her kids in private school, gave her a really nice house to live in with maids, and pretty much anything she wanted at her fingertips, made his living off alcohol, she's changes her tune.

Such is human nature.

10. Slopho

Slopho Senior member

Look at you...Dr. Freud.

11. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

12. Piobaire

Piobaire Not left of center?

Still a bit puzzled at why the Commodore is suddenly Nucky's enemy. Now the brother, that I understand, but think the brother needs to remember blood is thicker than water...until you betray the connection like that.

13. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Wasn't Nucky the one who was trying to kill the Commodore with Arsenic?

Anybody else notice Uncle Junior in the end scene with Eli?

14. i10casual

i10casual Senior member

It was the Commodore's maid due to him being a SOB. Nucky's brother is going to die. If nucky doesn't then the side he is on now will. It doesn't look like he has the stomach to really turn against his brother. They will see this and feel he will become an insider so they will off him.

I enjoyed watching the loudmouth get his in jail. That was pure fan fair, was it not?

15. Joffrey

Joffrey Senior member

The commodore doesn't like Nucky because Nucky rose at the commodore's expense. Yeah, the commodore is filthy rich but he wants direct involvement/control. He was consulted occasionally with Nucky but with his scheme he'll be the puppet master again.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2011